Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Any Horror Games where you can fight back? Or atleast defend your self?

ScarFaceNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just finished SOMA and i couldn't stop feeling that the game would have been so much better if we could defend ourselves.

I basically look for a game where it in the horror genre but you aren't totally defenseless.

Games like Evil Within, Alan Wake, Dead Space, are the games I'm looking for. If y'all got any thing I would appreciate it.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OurSin_360

What system? Condemned and condemned 2 were good games and surprisingly horror. Pc has the first one and last gen has both.

*edit* whoops i'm slow, but yeah Condemned might be something you want to check out on PC.

Oldskoolfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it requires combat, ill add some horror games I have enjoyed. Condemned: Criminal Origins, Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2 ( also remake, 0, and 4 if you have not played them), F.E.A.R. 1 and 2, Silent Hill 2 and 3 are on pc but not really available to be purchased digitally for some reason.

mgalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mgalchemist

The Resident Evil Remake is great because while you can defend yourself, killing zombies is almost always optional, and to a certain extent you might want to avoid it entirely. But you're not helpless in a tight situation. Also, I haven't played them myself, but one of the draws of the Fatal Frame series is the unique combat, which requires you to take photos of ghosts, sometimes in uncomfortably close proximity, to exorcise them.

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize this was specifically for PC games. Scratch Fatal Frame then, but you can still pick up the Resident Evil Remake on steam. Some of the later RE games would probably fit what you're looking for as well, like 4.

RikiGuitarist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lakeview Cabin Collection, STALKER: Call of Pripyat, System Shock 2, BioShock, Dying Light, Metro 2033, and Lone Survivor.

Steam's having a Capcom sale that lasts until Monday morning, and it includes all the Resident Evil and Dead Rising games. So those are also worth a look.

What system? Condemned and condemned 2 were good games and surprisingly horror. Pc has the first one and last gen has both.

Since this is posted in the PC forums, I'm assuming the topic starter is talking about the PC.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By OurSin_360

@rikiguitarist: didnt notice that lol, always wierd for me since all threads show up in the main forum sometimes i forget to look at that. Especially on my phone

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you haven't played Resident Evil 4, I would recommend that

It's more action/horror than a pure horror game but if you want to a game with combat it's one of the best action games ever made.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Maybe check out Alien: Isolation

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Silent Hill 3. Don't know how easily one can come across the pc version these days but it's my favorite survival horror game. A bit dated by today's standard as far as just how well you can defend yourself but you can defend yourself so hey.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.