Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

can I run new games nowadays with this computer?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

CPU: Intel Core Duo E7400@ 2.80 GHZ (2 CPUS)

RAM: 2048MB Ram

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3540

Im wondering if I can run any of the new games with these in my computer or if I really need to upgrade anything?

Can I only really run old games?

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ZmillA

what new games? lol c wut I did thar!!

but yeah, you can.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By wefwefasdf

Yeah, I was playing L4D and other games with a 2600 before I built my new computer so you should be fine.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jams

You could always just upgrade the graphics card that runs around $50-$70. Here's a link to Newegg.com that show some.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010380048%204026&name=%2450%20-%20%2475

I wouldn't doubt it if you could find better deals around too. I rebuilt a PC earlier from old parts I had lying around. I think its a Athlon XP 3200+ 1GB RAM and a 7600GT that can run games pretty good, but I just use it to play XP/pre XP era games and games that wont run on my core i7.

Hope that helps.

Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
    Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper

Yeah, the computer is fine. A graphics card upgrade would help a bunch though. Even something cheapo like jams listed above is good enough. Although if you have the money I'd go for a bigger card.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Lunarbunny

I'd recommend an ATI HD4650 over the 9500GT for a similar price, or if you're willing to spend more for a decent boost, an ATI HD 4850 or NVIDIA 9800GTX+

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.