Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Cheap Gaming Laptop Search

GaZZuM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GaZZuM

So I just got Starcraft 2 on Saturday (late to the party, I know) with the intention of buying myself a cheap gaming laptop.

My housemate seems to recommend this one:

2 of my housemates already own one of these and haven't had any complaints, but I'm prepared to spend a little bit more, provided it'll make a noticeable difference. A quick google search found me this:    
    Seems like it'll have more clout, but being a PC tech newbie I can't make much sense of the specs. Hopefully the GB community can lend me a hand. I live in the UK (hence the 2 .co.uk URLs I just posted) so take that into account if you know a good manufacturer, postage could be an issue. Appreciate the advice guys!
    Ubik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ubik

I really like the ASUS G73J series.  I was going to build a new laptop as well after my last one shuffled off its mortal coil, but it seemed too expensive and time-consuming.  I've built several of my own PCs in the past, but even building onto a barebones laptop wasn't cost-effective for me, so I just scoped out some reviews on CNet and Computer Shopper, and some sales on Amazon, and just bought a new one outright.  I couldn't be happier with my decision.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.