Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

First PC Build Part Picking Assistance

littlegazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By littlegazer
    No Caption Provided

Hey,

I would appreciate some input into assessing the build that I have put together

I don't really have much experience or know anything about building PCs and this is my first go at it

I want a PC mainly for gaming and some streaming and photo/ video editing and the small form factor is kind of important to me as I don't have much room, and I'd like to keep the price around 2000-2500 USD

Tell me if I'm picking good parts or if I'm making any compromises that I might regret later and recommend any changes that I should make

Thank you for your time

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Cirdain
    OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would add an ssd to put your Operating system on, and make sure everything will fit in that case. Looks like it will but i never tried those small cases before.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Zelyre

For your first PC build, I strongly suggest not using a mini-itx case like that. They take a bit more work and some spaces can be a pain to get in and out of. Cable management sucks and it gets harder the smaller the case gets. I have a mini-ITX case for one of my builds and getting a 970 in there was a pain. I'm sure a 1080ti is larger...

I'd strongly urge you to get an SSD. Or two. Lightroom catalogues can live there and your images can live on your normal HD. You'll want your games on an SSD as well.

Unless you're 4k gaming, I dunno, a 1080ti seems overkill to me.

Also, unless you have a license for Windows already, or are running Linux, you'll need that, too.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got interested in this case so here is part 2 of that video, gives a review of how the case functions. Seems he likes it but it has issues, mainly cable management and the card scrapping the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0t_BJr7gtA&index=1

@cirdain said:

@littlegazer: I don't really have much experience building something as good as what you've listed but https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/wbhypg Seems to have a similar build to you. So check those photos to see if it's all good.

seems fine
    seems fine

Edit: There's a video of someone building a similar thing to you too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSMehtTv-is

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Cirdain

@littlegazer: Looks like you'll need some extension cables too? I'm not sure, but the second vid said he used them. Not sure if they came with the case or not.

littlegazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By littlegazer

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.