Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

G9x is on it's way!

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Just ordered a Logitech G9x gaming mouse tonight and cannot wait to try it out. 

I'm going from a Logitech MX Revolution which is wireless and is starting to shit itself. Should I be expecting the G9x to be a massive upgrade? Does anyone else here use one?

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By spaceturtle

I've had so much problems with my G500 I'm not sure if I'll risk the money buying another Logitech mouse. On the other hand,  it might just be the G500 which is not good with my computer, even thou that would be really weird.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @SPACETURTLE said:
    " I've had so much problems with my G500 I'm not sure if I'll risk the money buying another Logitech mouse. On the other hand,  it might just be the G500 which is not good with my computer, even thou that would be really weird. "
    What sort of issues do you have with the G500? I have actually heard so many good things about them. I would have opted for one but the G9x is suited for my claw grip, whereas the G500 is better for palm.
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spaceturtle
    @sodiumCyclops: 
     Yeah, I know what  you mean about  the grip. The G500 fits my hand very well. So that is a plus for the G500, for me anyways.

Anyways, I've also only heard good things about the G500 which is the reason I picked up one  for myself in the first place. But I'm having some really annoying  issues with  the cursor stuttering when I drag it slowly over the screen. It's probably stuttering when I drag it fast across the screen aswell, but when I do it slow it is most noticable. And when playing some games, in particular Bad Company 2 (the first game I really noticed it was happening), it seems like it's skipping pixels when I'm aiming. It almost seem the mouse is over-sensetive. I got the latest drivers installed and everything should be fine, but it's definitely not. I have messed around with the settings ever since I  bought it, but with no luck. I've even had two G500's cause the first I bought got broken because of some  failure in the USB cable, and since the damage wasn't  caused by me, naturaly logitech gave me a new one. But even the new G500 I recived had the same issues.

I really don't  know if there is anything I've missed. Perhaps an improtaint  step when installing the drivers or somthing, or if (crazy as it sounds) the G500 ain't compitable with  my computer...

Sorry to go so off topic btw... Would have just PM'd  you,  but I'm hoping someone else might see this and have a tip for me so I might solve this issue.
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sodiumCyclops

It's ok, you can post here :P 

about your G500 issues, do you have the latest Logitech software for it? Try updating it and see if it helps.

n00bosaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By n00bosaurusRex
    @sodiumCyclops:  I've had a G9 for awhile now and I love it! congrats man :) I'm sure its gonna be awesome.

@SPACETURTLE said:
    "   Anyways, I've also only heard good things about the G500 which is the reason I picked up one  for myself in the first place. But I'm having some really annoying  issues with  the cursor stuttering when I drag it slowly over the screen. It's probably stuttering when I drag it fast across the screen aswell, but when I do it slow it is most noticable. And when playing some games, in particular Bad Company 2 (the first game I really noticed it was happening), it seems like it's skipping pixels when I'm aiming. It almost seem the mouse is over-sensetive. I got the latest drivers installed and everything should be fine, but it's definitely not. I have messed around with the settings ever since I  bought it, but with no luck. I've even had two G500's cause the first I bought got broken because of some  failure in the USB cable, and since the damage wasn't  caused by me, naturaly logitech gave me a new one. But even the new G500 I recived had the same issues.  "
    I had that exact same issue with my G5.  It was ONLY in Windows Vista though.  I have a whole list of different problems I had with a lot of different hardware when I was using Vista, sometimes because the manufacturer was screwin' the pooch with driver support (I'm looking at you, Creative)
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spaceturtle
    @n00bosaurusRex: 
    Ah, yeah, I can imagine you've had the same problem with vista. I'm running Windows 7 thou, don't know, but might be because of the OS my G500 is failing on me.
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By korwin

I have nothing but love for the G5 and the G500 is even better, the G7 not so much... I had one but the wireless died suddenly and kept dropping out all the time.  I've always sort of avoided the G9 due to the unfamliar shape, I've been using the G5 type shape since it first came along in the MX500 (I wore that damn thing out).

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By FakeKisser

I also love the G9.  The shape is probably my favorite with the Razer Salmosa coming in second.   I may buy the G9x sometime soon and retire my G9 to "backup" status.

Avatar image for themaniacsgnome
    TheManiacsGnome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By TheManiacsGnome
    @Korwin said:
    " I have nothing but love for the G5 and the G500 is even better, the G7 not so much... I had one but the wireless died suddenly and kept dropping out all the time.  I've always sort of avoided the G9 due to the unfamliar shape, I've been using the G5 type shape since it first came along in the MX500 (I wore that damn thing out). "  
    I loved my MX500 too, and the G5 that I'm currently using is holding up well.  

On topic, how is the G9x? Mice are kinda subjective but I always like hearing if people like the feel of a mouse, usually means it's worth at least a feel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.