Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Games For Windows Live - lowest recommended settings?

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By CharleyTony

I want to use the Xbox live / Games For Windows Live interface on my computer and I was wondering, which G4WL game has the lowest recommended settings ? Tha way I could use the Guide interface on my computer, which is not a gaming PC....

thanks

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By nutcrackr

Just scanned through a few and it seems The Club has the lowest requirements, 2ghz, xp and vista, 512mb ram, small hard disk space, recommended is not that much higher either.

Might be worth going to http://www.yougamers.com/ and running your PC for each game and see where it places you.  Here is The Club

Here is a list of GFW Live titles

If you have Vista, Halo 2 is also reasonably low on the reqs.

sculsoldi3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By sculsoldi3r

nutcrackr said:

"Just scanned through a few and it seems The Club has the lowest requirements, 2ghz, xp and vista, 512mb ram, small hard disk space, recommended is not that much higher either.

Might be worth going to http://www.yougamers.com/ and running your PC for each game and see where it places you.  Here is The Club

"

Lowest Ive heard of.

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By unclejohnny79
    nutcrackr said:
    "Just scanned through a few and it seems The Club has the lowest requirements, 2ghz, xp and vista, 512mb ram, small hard disk space, recommended is not that much higher either.

"
    The games for windows but i guess it shows you what live titles are there
    SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SpecTackle

They really need to implement the guide into Vista atleast, just so I can check what my friends are doing without having to load up a game or turn on the box. I know about that XBlist program, but it kind of sucks.

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By CharleyTony

That is exactly what I want LOL. not having to go to xbox.com to see what my friends are up to...

And why not make it a part of Messenger ? It does work the other way around on xbox 360.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By nutcrackr

They have talked about a separate client for GFW Live for some time now, it's been a long time coming.

Of course they just reignited the talk with rumours about distributing games via GFW Live. I very much doubt they make you go into a game just to buy a game. I think it's not unrealistic to see a separate client out before the year ends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.