Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Gaming with the ATI X800 All In Wonder XT?

Avatar image for deactivated-63efc336e9a4d
    deactivated-63efc336e9a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Anyone still use that card? And if so what games are you running on it? I want to get all the juice of of that card as much as possible

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I used to own a X850 pro ati card, i'm ashamed to admit I owned an ati product. No you can't game with these cards anymore, you can't even run half life 2 well or counter strike. Get a new card or a new pc with pci express mobo.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

They still make All In Wonder cards? I used to want one real bad back in the day. Now we have DVRs and Hulu and BitTorrent. I've given up on direct video-in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HitmanAgent47: Woah woah woah. I'm running Hl2 and CS:S on all High. I have 1 gig of ram, a p4 at 3ghz and that card. I'm also running Potal and TF2, now Portal runs almost on all high. Ati has been pretty good, my other setup is running an HD4550 and it runs GOW lovely
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @drummerboykhari: This card is really last gen stuff, I used to get stutters all the time and I was always sending a rma request or complaining to ati that it's stuttering non stop. Well at least you got more out of it than I do. I used to play pc games on a crt monitor, however look this card is really trash now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HitmanAgent47: 

Can you suggest something else that's AGP..but still really good then?
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @drummerboykhari: They don't really make agp stuff anymore, maybe it's time to build a new rig or buy a new one and upgrade it with pci express stuff. AGP is using like X8 lane for graphics I think, it's really slow. Pci express uses 16X, now there is 2.0 version of it. I recommend you should just buy a cheap pc from best buy and then just upgrade it with a better modern videocard and a new power watt supply. Maybe now it would be good to get something like a HD5770.  

The only card I can find is the HD4650, even I can't recommend agp products anymore.
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By korwin

Hehe, AGP.  I think my last AGP card was a 9800 pro?

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By JP_Russell
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

I used to own a X850 pro ati card, i'm ashamed to admit I owned an ati product. No you can't game with these cards anymore, you can't even run half life 2 well or counter strike. Get a new card or a new pc with pci express mobo.

"

Well, let's not be hyperbolic.  The X850 was the top of the line from ATI when HL2 was out and could pretty handily run it maxed out at 1600x1200, and could almost max out Doom 3 and Far Cry, as well, if I remember right.  That said, yeah, not a video card that'll cut it for most modern games. 

TC, you'd really be better off just upgrading your whole system since you're stuck with AGP.  But if you would like a temporary solution until then, the 4670 is the best you'll find on an AGP interface and will perform a lot better than your current card.  It's expensive for how powerful of a card it is, though (~$100), since there isn't much demand for AGP video cards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.