Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Help Trying to get my x360 controller to work on source games

A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow

before you tell me im crazy i know but i really want to try it 
    i downloaded the drivers for it and know the console command for it but i cant get it to connect
    i tryed the wireless drivers and the wireless via plug and play 
    so what do i do?

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ineedaname

I'm not sure because you've not really made it clear.

There's the wireless 360 controller, to use that on the PC you need a wireless adapter.
    Plug and play kits are only for charging whilst playing nothing more.

Then there's the wired controller which you just need to plug in, if you have this and the game supports it, it should just work or you might have to enable it in the options.
    If the game doesn't support it, you could get a controller emulator something like X-padder, and map the keyboard and mouse to the controller, and run it that way.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow

nvm mind i just realized that microsoft wants you to pay for their hardware to connect wirelessly to something else

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Sorry dude but the wireless controllers aren't plug and play. All you're plugging in is the power cord to charge the battery. In order to get it to work you would need an XBOX 360 wireless reciever. Otherwise if you're on vista and you have a wired controller plug that sucker in. In most recent valve games there are options to use a gamepad and it works pretty much like you think it would. 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @A_Wet_Shamwow:  Yes, you need a Wireless adapter to use ant 360 wireless controller on a PC. Play and Charge kits don't work. Any wired controller will work out of the box though. 

I've actually used a Guitar Hero 2 guitar and my wired Rock Band drums to play Left 4 Dead before. Now I just have to pull a Nario and BEAT L4D with my drums.  :P 
    You wouldn't believe how hard it is to run in L4D by performing a drum roll as fast as you possibly can.
    A_Wet_Shamwow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By A_Wet_Shamwow

thanks for the help i don't think ill get that seeing that i have a perfectly good mouse just wanted to see how it worked thanks for the help though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.