Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

I need your help to build a gaming pc.

pacmanl0607

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pacmanl0607

Hello everyone. My name is Simon and I have never owned a gaming pc. If y'all could help me what do I need to buy and where to buy it that would be very helpful. Thanks

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Cameron

I'm sure lots of people here will be willing to help, but we need to know a bit more about what you want before providing advice.

1. What country do you live in?

2. What's your budget?

3. Do you plan to use the computer for other demanding things (video editing, 3D modelling)?

4. Are you starting from scratch, or do you have some components already?

pacmanl0607

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron: okay

1. I live in Ireland

2. €1000-1500 budget

3. No just for gaming

4. I am starting from scratch

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By onarum

@pacmanl0607:

Here's a build for ya, I tend to favor corsair so I picked a bunch of parts from them, but you can customize as you see fit, pc part picker makes it easy even when you don't know much, since it makes sure everything you picked is compatible

This is just to give you an idea really, for example you don't need kabylake-X necessarily, you could go for an i7 7700k and save a few bucks (but then you need to pick a new motherboard as well)

edit:

Here's the same build but with an i7 7700k instead, the processor itself is not that much cheaper, but the thing is that you can then pick a fairly good motherboard for way less.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm not familiar with the European market, so I can't give specific vendor advice, but I'd go for something like this.

CPU: i7 7700K or Ryzen R7 1700

If you want to do 144fps gaming, then go with the 7700K, if you're happy with 60fps and want to do other performance intensive tasks that benefit from more cores, go with the Ryzen. If you aren't going to build immediately, maybe wait for Intel's 8000 series. The i7 is supposed to be six core which will probably make it the CPU to get for people who game and do other things.

Mobo: Depends on CPU choice, but don't spend more than 150 euros.

RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200 (brand doesn't really matter)

GPU: GTX 1070/1080 for 1440p or 1080ti if you want 4K

Storage: Get a PCI-E SSD of some kind. I'd go with a 500GB+ Samsung 960 EVO, but there are cheaper options. There's no reason to go with a SATA drive on a new motherboard.

Power supply: 600W+ Gold power supply. I'd recommend a Corsair RM series or an EVGA Supernova. Don't cheap out here, but also don't buy a 1KW monster.

Case: Whatever you like the look of that will fit your components

jerkchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jerkchicken

If he's never owned a gaming PC, he probably needs to budget for a monitor as well. This seems like a good option. You could connect consoles with 4k capability as well, if you have them.

LG27UD58

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onarum

Cameron is right, no reason why not go with an M2 drive, and going for an i7 7700k frees up enough to keep it under 1500.

Here's the updated build https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/vh696X

Though yeah also you will need a monitor plus a good keyboard and mouse, and that can get costly (I always forget about this), so if needed you can drop down to a GTX 1070 and still stay inside your budget with everything you need.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.