During the summer my friends and I spent many a night gaming, but a major roadblock was usually deciding what game to play. We wondered if there was a way to show all the multiplayer games that people had in common, or even pick one randomly from them. After a quick google search, we decided that the best course of action was to just make it ourselves, and Steam Select-o-Tron was born. It exists to solve the problem: what multiplayer game should I play with my friends.
You can go to http://steamselect.com right now to test it out.
At the moment, here is the feature list:
- Search up to 8 users.
- Filters results based on the game's max players.
- Easily add friends by clicking the radio button next to the user.
- Click the “Pick for Me!” button to select a random game.
- Press the power symbol next to each game to launch that game without having to go into Steam.
We had some internal testers send feedback, but now we’re ready for more people to have a look. We’d love to see what you guys have to think!
Mostly we are looking for feedback regarding:
- Missing Games
- Loading Speed
Also if you have time, answering these questions would help us a lot:
- Is anything making this site hard to use? If so, what?
- What other features would you like to see in the future?
Again, thanks for taking a look. You can either send us feedback at email@example.com or just post it right here. We hope that Steam Select-o-Tron will be helpful in your future multiplayer gaming outings!