Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Introducing: The Steam Select-o-Tron

Braden92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Braden92

During the summer my friends and I spent many a night gaming, but a major roadblock was usually deciding what game to play. We wondered if there was a way to show all the multiplayer games that people had in common, or even pick one randomly from them. After a quick google search, we decided that the best course of action was to just make it ourselves, and Steam Select-o-Tron was born. It exists to solve the problem: what multiplayer game should I play with my friends.

You can go to http://steamselect.com right now to test it out.

At the moment, here is the feature list:

• Search up to 8 users.
    • Filters results based on the game's max players.
    • Easily add friends by clicking the radio button next to the user.
    • Click the “Pick for Me!” button to select a random game.
    • Press the power symbol next to each game to launch that game without having to go into Steam.

We had some internal testers send feedback, but now we’re ready for more people to have a look. We’d love to see what you guys have to think!

Mostly we are looking for feedback regarding:

• Missing Games
    • Glitches
    • Loading Speed

Also if you have time, answering these questions would help us a lot:

• Is anything making this site hard to use? If so, what?
    • What other features would you like to see in the future?

Again, thanks for taking a look. You can either send us feedback at info@steamselect.com or just post it right here. We hope that Steam Select-o-Tron will be helpful in your future multiplayer gaming outings!

Brother_PipPop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Brother_PipPop

This is actually really cool. Thankyou for all your time and effort.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By crusader8463

That's something I have been wanting Steam to have built into it for a long time as every time a friend and I try to pick something to play we always have to sit there and try to figure out what each other has. Sadly none of these things work for my friends account as for some mysterious reason it never links to his page. It always says that it doesn't exist. Maybe I missed it, but a way to sort by what they currently have installed and rather what's just on the account would make it really useful.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.