Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Is there any Macbook accessories / protection you recommend?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

So my new Macbook is on it's way and I was just wondering is there anything such as sleeves, hard case shells like Speck makes, keyboard covers, etc that you guys recommend that I pick up along with the device. For the record I'll probably take the device to and from school to work on if it makes any difference in what you recommend.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By jgf

I have a neoprene sleve permanently in my bag. It's open all the time and when I take my macbook from and to work I simply let it slide in. It works great for me.

Aside from that you'll probably have to do some presentations, so a mini-Displayport to DVI, VGA or HDMI converter will come in handy. Depends to which equipment you'll have to connect. A laserpointer + remote combo can't hurt either.

I have also bought a second power adapter. One for work, one for home. So I don't have to carry additional weight. Thats most likely not an option for school.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By fattony12000

A Logitech Marathon M705 wireless mouse, maybe? Or a Logitech Performance MX if you need it to track on glass and mirrors. Any kind of mouse really, if you're going to be using it whilst sat at a desk.

As for transporting it, something like a Geo 15.6" Simpson Slim, WaterField Racer-X, Snugg MacBook Pro 15 or Samsonite Leather Flapover Case could work.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ben_H  Online

I would just recommend a sleeve to put it in for protection in your bag. That's all I use. I once had a Speck case but I found it added too much bulk. Keyboard covers and the like are overkill unless you want to keep the machine pristine. I buy my stuff to use it and not worry about resale so I don't bother.

And yeah, a mouse of some type would be good for working at your desk.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Jrinswand

The only thing I'm getting for mine is a rubbery case to go on the outside. Even with the rubber feet, the damn thing slides around too much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.