Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Just got a new razer DeathAdder...

ReddenBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm really enjoying this so far, and having a bunch of fun playing around in synapse with the different colors and everything. Sooooo... what are some fun things to try with it? Do you guys use any cool macros for Heroes of the storm/DOTA/ League, or any other cool tricks? Do you have any preferred speed and acceleration settings?

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

@reddenblack Bought one to replace a Logitech G502 (good mouse but too heavy for my tastes) and love it to bits.

Don't use any macros and turned off the colour changing after a few hours so can't help you there, sorry. I just concentrate on smokin fools. /lie

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I got an older deathadder razer, I didn't know you could change the colors on them? I thought it only had one color, blue? or the newer ones which are green?

slickdasani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@vackillers: Customizable RGB lighting is the new fad in PC gaming peripherals. Razer calls their's the Chroma line. They even have a mousepad that lights up.

MVHVTMV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the special edition all-black one (I don't like flashy lights, and convinently it was on sale) a few years ago, and it's just an all round super nice mouse. Honestly I think Synapse is mostly pointless unless you've got a Razor keyboard because IMO there aren't enough buttons on a DeathAdder to justify dedicating some to macros.

That being said... I did create a 500Hz turbo macro just for Cookie Clicker.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For league I bind mouse buttons to taunts, dancing, laughing so people know how cool I am. Other macros seem useless to me. No acceleration and 1350 dpi. Granted I have a League mouse and a everything else mouse and the numbers are slightly different

Note- I don't use a deathadder I use a G9X

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I used Deathadders for a long time, but eventually I had a few reliability issues with them and switched to the Steelseries Rival. Good alternative if you're ever on the market for a new mouse!

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: The Chroma has a new sensor and is better made ... apparently. Never owned an older DeathAdder so can't really compare them.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had an older deathadder but switched to a mamba because my newer house didn't support wired mice very well. The deathadder is an awesome mouse but I actually hate razers synapse software.

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my friend swears by it, but I can't let go of my Logitech g600. Diablo 3 with one hand.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I owned an original DeathAdder. I liked it, but it could never compare to the MX510 (or 518, but I was cheap).

NinjaPartTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the old blue one and then upgraded to the green 2013 edition that I'm still using along with a deathstalker keyboard. Probably the best mouse I have owned because I use a claw grip and it's very comfortable for that. The best thing I have found to do with them is to never install synapse. My favorite bug is locking windows and then having synapse freak out and enable different disability modes when I type, causing all sorts of funky stuff to happen like making the voice navigation guy start talking. Requires a forced reboot and un-installation of synapse to fix it. I've tried various updates over the last couple of years and it's never been fixed for me. To be fair, this is likely just a problem between synapse and the keyboard, not the mouse.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.