Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Just ordered a new PC.

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Czarpyotr

After having only macbooks for the last 8 years, I just decided to buy a Fragbox from Falcon PC. It's top of the line, so I'm looking for some games that would be enhanced by a really fantastic graphics card. Any recommendations from the last 5 years that I probably missed on a weak mac would be great.

I have already picked up: The Witcher 2, L4D2, Orange Box, Dawn of War Completel pack, and Metro 2033.

Also, if anyone knows how to download Track Mania 2 after you purchased it and need to re-download it, I would love to know. I can't find a way other than to purchase it again.

For those who are curious, these are my specs:

Power Supply

750 Watt Modular & Short Cables

Motherboard

Maximus IV Gene-Z

Processor

2nd Generation Core i7 2600K 3.4GHz

Processor Cooler

Liquid Cooling - ECO II 80

Memory

16GB (4x4GB) 1600MHZ DDR3

Video Card

GeForce GTX 580 (1.5GB)

Hard Drive

1TB - 7200RPM - 6Gb/s

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RsistncE

Beast rig. How much did you pay? (I'm guessing a little bit too much since it's a pre-built, but hey if you have the money then more power to you.)

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By iam3green

nice :) 

look at some of these games, counter strike: source +garry's mod (combo on  steam),  team fortress 2 (free to play), war inc. battlezone (free to play), killing floor.

Czarpyotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Czarpyotr

@RsistncE: It was around $2500, but that includes 3 year warranty, and lifetime service. When you call them they have no pre-recorded message, and they will help you change your parts over the phone if you want, and makings modifications doesn't invalidate anything. Also, when I called them I was at close to $3000 and I asked the guy if there was anything he recommended I downgrade and he shaved off 500 bucks for me off of his own sale. I can already see why they have such a crazy positive customer service track record. Also it's all in a shoebox sized box that is strong enough to stand on (with a gamecube style handle to carry it around :D).

coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By coughlanio

@Czarpyotr said:

@RsistncE: It was around $2500, but that includes 3 year warranty, and lifetime service. When you call them they have no pre-recorded message, and they will help you change your parts over the phone if you want, and makings modifications doesn't invalidate anything. Also, when I called them I was at close to $3000 and I asked the guy if there was anything he recommended I downgrade and he shaved off 500 bucks for me off of his own sale. I can already see why they have such a crazy positive customer service track record. Also it's all in a shoebox sized box that is strong enough to stand on (with a gamecube style handle to carry it around :D).

To be honest, you really overpaid. But I guess that's what you get for going Boutique.

You could have built a similar PC with 2x 580s for less than $2000.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zelyre

Oh my, such a beast.

Oblivion with all the graphic mods still looks really, really good.

A modded GTA IV looks great and because of the craptastic quality of the port, will give even the beast of a computer you've got there quite a workout.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Subjugation

Yikes, that's a lump of cash for sure. I would highly encourage you to build your own in the future though since you save money and learn a bit. It isn't hard at all and it's pretty satisfying. That machine should last you a while though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.