Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Logitech keyboard

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Anyone here use the logitech G510 keyboard? It's on sale for $50 and I'm just looking for some feedback before pulling the trigger.

Avatar image for ismellyourpajamas
    ismellyourpajamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have the G110 and its a decent keyboard...it doesn't have that LCD display that the G510 has, but as far as the basic keyboard functionality goes, I am very content with it. I've had it for almost a year now and it has held up very nicely.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I had to look down at my keyboard to make sure I had a G510, and I do! Not sure what that says for Logitech's naming conventions, though...

Anyway, I absolutely think you should pull the trigger on that keyboard, if you think you'll use what it's got to offer that is. It's been a long time since I looked at keyboards, so I don't know what else is out there. I'm sure some Razer fans will come in here and tell you about all of Razer's hot keyboards. But what I can tell you about the G510 is that I use the built-in screen all the time, for a ton of different tasks. It's terrific at tracking framerates, performance data on my GPU/CPU, and occasionally stats in game, though I use it a lot more for the two aforementioned purposes. The macro keys are also very useful, especially for MMO's and MOBA's. I don't use them as much as I should, probably, but they're good to have. Build quality is top-notch, as is to be expected from Logitech, and it's just the right size for any desk configuration I can imagine.

I'm not sure what Logitech's current offerings are for keyboards right now, so maybe it's so inexpensive because they have some new flagship keyboard with a crazy ass OLED display in it or something. I don't know. But $50 for this thing is a great price.

Hope that helps!

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_felafel: I keep reading about a problem with the spacebar. Have you encountered this?

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikey87144 said:

@captain_felafel: I keep reading about a problem with the spacebar. Have you encountered this?

Not whatsoever, and I've had this keyboard roughly since it first came out. I've never even heard about a problem with the spacebar. Are people complaining that it just starts getting loose or doesn't register hits anymore??

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikey87144 said:

Not whatsoever, and I've had this keyboard roughly since it first came out. I've never even heard about a problem with the spacebar. Are people complaining that it just starts getting loose or doesn't register hits anymore??

Doesn't register. But if you don't have the problem maybe some people were just unlucky. I might as well get it for $50.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikey87144 said:

@captain_felafel said:

@mikey87144 said:

Doesn't register. But if you don't have the problem maybe some people were just unlucky. I might as well get it for $50.

Maybe it's a problem with newer versions of the G510's, not sure. But I've owned, now, four different Logitech keyboards, three of which from the G-line, and I've never had problems with any of their keys.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The macro software is good and intuitive, I've had a G15 sitting on my desk for the last 5 years and it's been working perfectly. I did have a problem with the really early G15's with the paint flaking off of the keys, but Logitech support is phenomenal if you have any problems whatsoever.

RainDog505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By RainDog505

I have the G110 and its a decent keyboard...it doesn't have that LCD display that the G510 has, but as far as the basic keyboard functionality goes, I am very content with it. I've had it for almost a year now and it has held up very nicely.

Same here. No problems with G110 a year into service.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.