Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Microphone refuses to work.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By crusader8463

I was wondering if someone could help me getting my microphone to work on my PC. It's windows 7 64 bit. For some reason my microphone refuses to register and pick up signals no matter what port I plug it into. When I go into the sounds/recording tab half of the devices are showing up as not plugged in, and the other half doesn't pick up any noise when I talk into the mic. I have also tried downloading the drivers for my sound card hoping that would solve it, but every one I download from the official site it says it's not the right version for the card I have or that I just flat out don't have one. Even though they are the same drivers I have downloaded a dozen times over over the years I have had this computer.

Any and all advice would be appreciated.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By crusader8463

=(

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Lunar_Aura

On the Sound -> Recording tab, did you try right clicking and check "Show Disabled Devices"? Try playing around with enabling and/or "Set as Default Device". If none of that works, maybe your mic is broken.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SlasherMan

Microphones break you know. Did you try it on another machine/device, or try another mic on yours?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crusader8463

@Lunar_Aura said:

On the Sound -> Recording tab, did you try right clicking and check "Show Disabled Devices"? Try playing around with enabling and/or "Set as Default Device". If none of that works, maybe your mic is broken.

Ya that's the first thing I tried but it wasn't picking up on anything I tried. I would test another mic but this is the only one I got and it was working the last time I tried to use it; about a month back.

@SlasherMan said:

Microphones break you know. Did you try it on another machine/device, or try another mic on yours?

You don't say? Things break? I did not know that. Thanks for the hot tip. I have no other device to try it on and no other microphone to test with or I would have. Was just hoping someone might have known about some little known button that everyone always overlooks or some stupid little box I forgot to check.

pedanticjase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pedanticjase

i had this i think it was a update on win 7 64

i just reinstalled the drivers

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.