Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Need help bootcamping Windows 8

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

For the consumer preview, I burned the ISO to disc, and went through the motions of installing it on my 27" iMac. Since then, I had deleted it thinking I wouldn't need it to upgrade to 8 proper. I still have that disc, but now, it wont install. It errors about 30% through the install. When I bought Windows 8, I got it via download from MS.com During that process, they asked if you wanted to make a DVD of it, or make a USB drive of it. I chose USB (I was on my old netbook at the time.)

Now when I go to bootcamp in OSX MountainLion, it only gives me the option to install Windows from DVD. The thumb drive also doesn't even show up on list of C: D: E: etc. drives when I use the consumer preview DVD to get to that stage.

I spent a lot of money. I bought 8 using my live.com email, my Xbox account, you know, and I wonder if MS will let me redownload it and make the DVD this time. Or if there is a way to extract the data from the thumb drive and create the DVD from it.

SuperVHS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I thought you could only download the Windows 8 upgrade. Don't you have to buy the OEM version if you want a completely fresh install?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.