Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PC Help

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mikeeegeee

Hola. I realize this isn't a tech support site, but I was wondering if anyone could provide any advice.

I use a HP Pavilion dv2500. Specs are as follows:

Processor:

• Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2ghz)
     Ram: 
    • 2 gigs. Not sure what kind at the moment.
    Graphics Card:
    • Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS (256mb)
    • Windows Vista SP1, 32-bit

I've been trying to play Dragon Age. Dragon Age's minimum specs are:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greater
    • AMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 2.2GHZ or greater
    • RAM: 1.5GB or more
    • Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater
    • NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater
    • DVD ROM (Physical copy)
    • 20GB HD space

When I run DA:O, I can only run it on the bare minimum settings, in 800x600 resolution. The framerate crawls whenever i'm indoors or around any sort of geometry. In other words, I can barely run it even on its most basic settings.

I also appear to have a "version mismatch" with my display adapters (when I try to go into the NVIDIA control panel, it tells me so). Can anyone offer advice on where to get a solid graphics driver? And then maybe a little something on how to make sure that it cooperates with my system? I'm going through my computer, about to defrag and reformat, and was wondering if anyone had any advice? Would updating to Windows Vista SP 2 be beneficial at all?
    Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Daryl

Try the SP2

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Driadon

SP2 would be a big help, and the most recent graphics drivers for your card can be downloaded from this link. Whenever you update that driver make sure it's always from the nVidia site and make sure you choose the 8000M series. I do warn you though, it still won't play wonderfully, that 8400 is a less than ideal gaming card.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.