Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Sellijg 360 for PC, good deal?

Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Simsfreak14

I like my 360 and everything, but I spent way more time on my PC. My currect PC can run most games til this date, but I want to build my own. I have an xbox with 15 games, VGA cables, HDMI cables, 50ft ethernet cable, 1 wireless controller with play n charge kit, 120GB HDD and spare 20GB HDD. Is it worth selling my  360 for a kick ass PC to build? Or should I just keep my 360? I need advice!

jangofett88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jangofett88

Depends, Any specs you can share, or are you still looking at parts?

Simsfreak14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Simsfreak14
    jangofett88 said:
    "

"
    I'm still shopping around on Newegg and Tiger Direct.
    agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By agent_lost

also, what game do you want to play, how big is your friend list on xbl. if your in the MMO and RTS then the PC is the superior one. Or if you want some game that will never be on the PC (gear of war 2, Street fighter IV, Final Fantasy XIII) then the Xbox 360 is your choice.

the real question is, what game to do want to play?

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shotaro

To be honest the genre you use should be the deciding factor - as Lost said if you play tons of RPGs (especially MMOs) or RTS games - or even FPS games (I would certainly argue the PC is superior for those) then the PC should be your port of call if not then the 360 is better.

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Psynapse
    Agent_Lost said:
    "also, what game do you want to play, how big is your friend list on xbl. if your in the MMO and RTS then the PC is the superior one. Or if you want some game that will never be on the PC (gear of war 2, Street fighter IV, Final Fantasy XIII) then the Xbox 360 is your choice.

the real question is, what game to do want to play?"

GOW2 will most likely be released on PC in a year or so... remember the GOW Port that they have done :)
    agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By agent_lost
    Psynapse said:
    "Agent_Lost said:
    "also, what game do you want to play, how big is your friend list on xbl. if your in the MMO and RTS then the PC is the superior one. Or if you want some game that will never be on the PC (gear of war 2, Street fighter IV, Final Fantasy XIII) then the Xbox 360 is your choice.

GOW2 will most likely be released on PC in a year or so... remember the GOW Port that they have done :)"
    true that, but that until Cliff says that his never port GoW2 to the PC since there to much piracy.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pause422

If you can get a really decent gaming PC out of the parts you end up being, I would definitely say good deal, but thats just me since I prefer a PC to consoles in general.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrGetBonus

Yes. If you can get a good PC outta of it, do it.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
    jangofett88 said:
    "

"
    It also depends on what sellijg means.
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By xruntime

Well of course all the PC fans are going to tell you to get a good PC...

I say go for it! PC is where the gaming is at. And if you are going to have a high end gaming system, even better.

You should make up your own mind, as others have said, anyways...

DeadlyPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By DeadlyPain
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Tordah

Why not have both? I would buy the PC but keep the 360 around. Sooner or later you always end up regretting that you sold it. ALWAYS.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Emilio

Only if you're okay with wasting your money. You could keep your 360 and save up for a PC, its not that hard.

LooM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LooM

I'd reckon it's the wrong way to do it...
    Many games never comes beyond consoles, due piracy, easier distribution, standardisation, etc etc... 
    By getting rid of your failbox.. I mean Xbox 360 (I'm just kidding lol).. You're also taking away a vast market, which is hard to get on pc.. Also you will always have to fight with certain games, to make them work depending on your hardware.. Although in Xbox case, which I've stateed many times, you may not be cut completely out, as most xbox 360 exclusive are on pc as well, unlike ps3. It's your choice, I would save up for a pc instead of selling something you use in order to get it...
    I myself have a rather strong gaming pc, ps3 and xbox 360.. While I one of them more than the other, I do use all the platforms once and awhile.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422
    Tordah said:
    "Why not have both? I would buy the PC but keep the 360 around. Sooner or later you always end up regretting that you sold it. ALWAYS.

"
    Unless he cares so extremely much for the 1 or 2 exclusives, no you really wouldn't regret it.
    Xelloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xelloss

I would keep the 360 and just save up for a kick ass gaming machine.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By krazy_kyle

I did the same thing that you did and im glad i have my new rig, but i wish i didnt actually sell my xbox360 :'(

keep the 360 and just save lol, cuz you WILL regret it. but if you never go near it then go ahead and sell it...

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By Gunner
    LooM said:
    "I'd reckon it's the wrong way to do it...
    Many games never comes beyond consoles, due piracy, easier distribution, standardisation, etc etc... 
    By getting rid of your failbox.. I mean Xbox 360 (I'm just kidding lol).. You're also taking away a vast market, which is hard to get on pc.. Also you will always have to fight with certain games, to make them work depending on your hardware.. Although in Xbox case, which I've stateed many times, you may not be cut completely out, as most xbox 360 exclusive are on pc as well, unlike ps3. It's your choice, I would save up for a pc instead of selling something you use in order to get it...
    I myself have a rather strong gaming pc, ps3 and xbox 360.. While I one of them more than the other, I do use all the platforms once and awhile.
    "

there are only a small hand full of 360 games that never get ported over to the PC, Gears of war, GTAIV, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 2, and the list goes on for miles. Not only do the vast majority of 360 "exclusives" get ported to the PC, the PC has more exclusive games than the ps3 and 360 combined.

As for the hardware thing, as long as you arnt a rambling idiot, you can figure it out with ease. I have been building PC's and playing on them for about 5 years now and not once have i had a problem that wasnt solved by 5 minutes of research on the internet.
    kingmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kingmasters

not a good deal at all

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpecTackle
    Tordah said:
    "Why not have both? I would buy the PC but keep the 360 around. Sooner or later you always end up regretting that you sold it. ALWAYS.

"
    This.

I still wish I had my PS2 at times... fuck
    zidane33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zidane33
    Agent_Lost said:

ffxiii is coming to pc, right??
    Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vlademir
    Agent_Lost said:
    "Psynapse said:
    "Agent_Lost said:

GOW2 will most likely be released on PC in a year or so... remember the GOW Port that they have done :)"
    true that, but that until Cliff says that his never port GoW2 to the PC since there to much piracy."
    In an IGN interview he basically admitted that GOW2 will be on the PC. The interviewer asked an e-mail question asking why people should buy GOW 2 on 360 if it will come out on PC in a year with more stuff and better graphics and Cliff basically said that they needed to do that with GOW1 to make PC people want to buy it and that if the person didn't buy it on 360, he would be missing out on the game for a while.
    agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By agent_lost
    Vlademir said:
    "Agent_Lost said:
    "Psynapse said:
    "Agent_Lost said:

true that, but that until Cliff says that his never port GoW2 to the PC since there to much piracy."
    In an IGN interview he basically admitted that GOW2 will be on the PC. The interviewer asked an e-mail question asking why people should buy GOW 2 on 360 if it will come out on PC in a year with more stuff and better graphics and Cliff basically said that they needed to do that with GOW1 to make PC people want to buy it and that if the person didn't buy it on 360, he would be missing out on the game for a while."
    i guess time will tell what will happen

zidane33 said:
    "Agent_Lost said:

ffxiii is coming to pc, right??
    "
    Nope, it i remember right there just using the PC to program the game,(like most game, if not all) but they will not release Final Fantasy XIII on the PC. AT the time went they says that FFXIII will also releases in Xbox 360 the game was still in it PC program states, not encode to run on the PS3 or the 360. Heck the last time that Square release a PC game was Final Fantasy VIII and that was in 1999 or something like that. One more factor that they will not release anything for the PC is that there from Japan. I can not name any game outside of Hentai and Graphic noval game that is from Japan. There just image and they call it a game, I don't get that at all.

I know that I'm way of topic here, I know that Tecmo release Dead or Alive 4 on the PC and I have never saw that version, retail or on this cloud that we call the Internet.
    dinorex79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dinorex79

I think you should just keep the 360, because even though multiplatform is more prevalent with releases than it has ever been, there are always some console exclusive games you just wish you could play but you can't if you don't have that console.  I too thought about selling my 360 to upgrade my PC but there were a few games I did not want to part with.  I just shelled out some cash and did a minor upgrade but it's good enough to play most of today's games maxed out.  I'm glad I didn't sell it because recently I got Tales of Vesperia for the 360 and it's currently one of my favorite games in a long time.

Old_Snake864

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By Old_Snake864

replace PC with PS3 lol

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By xruntime
    Old_Snake864 said:
    "replace PC with PS3 lol"
    lol No.
    ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By ManlyBeast

If you don't play it, then no reason to keep it. Unless you wants any of the new games about to come out.

Destroyeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29  Edited By Destroyeron
    Old_Snake864 said:
    Yes.

IMO, I'd keep the 360 just to play some of its exclusives.
    Old_Snake864

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Old_Snake864
    xruntime said:
    "Old_Snake864 said:
    lol No."

one reason why not?
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xruntime
    Old_Snake864 said:
    "xruntime said:
    "Old_Snake864 said:
    lol No."

one reason why not?"
    Well, I don't want to turn this into a console thread. But because the 360 and the PS3 have many games that overlap, and not enough good exclusives to justify owning both. The PC offers a vastly different experience. 'Course its subjective, but since he's a 360 - PC gamer, chances are he might not be into the games that the PS3 thrives on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
    deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I would say yes.  Microsoft will probably have a new console here in about 2 years, so if you could get half, or most of the money for your PC off of you xbox and only have to upgrade a pinch in a here and there in the next couple years.  The PC is certainly not a dead platform, and there will still be plenty of good games coming out.  Just make sure that the types of games that are on PC are your types.

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MisterSpiffy

I'd just keep it the 360, play some exclusives.  On the side, try to save up for a decent PC.  Realize that there's a ton of great games coming out in the next few months, though.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34  Edited By OGCartman

Im happy that most of you are not fanboys (MOST, That "Get a PS3" Dude should go back to GS SW)

If your a PC Gamer, definately go for it :P

Agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Agentfred
    Agent_Lost said:

Yeah, there is definitely no chance of SF4 being on the PC.
    http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38907/Street-Fighter-IV-PC-Release-Confirmed
    :P
    And as has been already mentioned, there is a slight possibility of GeoW arriving sooner or later.
    And FF13?  Well, there have been those rumors... Not to mention, Crystal Tools runs on Windows, so it might still be announced.
    Bottom line, Anything can happen.

In response to TC.  here's what you should do:
    Make a list of all the games you want for the 360, and all the games you want for the PC.  Toss in features, and price.  Then compare your two lists.
    Which looks better?
    Old_Snake864

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Old_Snake864
    xruntime said:
    "Old_Snake864 said:
    "xruntime said:
    "Old_Snake864 said:
    lol No."

one reason why not?"
    Well, I don't want to turn this into a console thread. But because the 360 and the PS3 have many games that overlap, and not enough good exclusives to justify owning both. The PC offers a vastly different experience. 'Course its subjective, but since he's a 360 - PC gamer, chances are he might not be into the games that the PS3 thrives on.

"

yeah i also don't want it to turn into a console wars threat consoles are great but i agree the PC can offer a different and great experience to gaming. If you have the best grpahics cards and stuff they can even look better then on consoles

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.