Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

So windows update never works

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Hi there all,
    &nbo; a report i am getting after Reissury Scanning using Tuneup 08.ersion i install, 7 included.

Whenever i try to update i get the 80072EFE 'unknown error'....er error.

I think i have nailed it down to a report i am getting after Registry Scanning using Tuneup 08.
    Once the scan completes it says there are 2 errors involving file types and reporting them as the following 2 messages:

(1) GLIDPlugInUDCR Class
    The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ehGLID.GLIDPlugInUDCR.1\CLSID points to the missing CLSID HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C3F8B282-5B69-47F0-80C3-A22A97FF2EB5}.

and

(2) GLIDPlugInUDCR Class
    The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ehGLID.GLIDPlugInUDCR\CLSID points to the missing CLSID HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C3F8B282-5B69-47F0-80C3-A22A97FF2EB5}.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get these 2 errors resolved?
     As a reward I will purchase any steam game to the value of $20USD ( Shattered Horzion ;) )
    for the person who manages to help me get it solved.

Good luck and please help XD

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok
    CCleaner should fix registry errors for you.
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sodiumCyclops
    @PureRok: I do believe its in the registry, but after trying to fix them with Tuneup 08, they come back after scanning a second time. Do you think CCcleaner will do the same thing? I don't really want to pay for anything only to have it do the same thing.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok
    @sodiumCyclops said:
    " @PureRok: I do believe its in the registry, but after trying to fix them with Tuneup 08, they come back after scanning a second time. Do you think CCcleaner will do the same thing? I don't really want to pay for anything only to have it do the same thing. "
    Well, CCleaner is free, so it wouldn't hurt to try it.
    sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Ok everything I have tried does not work. This includes any solutions given by MS and CCleaner does nothing to fix it. 

I still get the 80072EFE when trying to update and this is a legit Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit copy. 

The next thing I am going to try is another LAN card and not use the mobo one. 

If this doesn't work then I'm screwed. This is highly disappointing considering this is a brand new build with all new components.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Aha! I bought a new LAN card and disabled the mobo one, problem solved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.