Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Some questions about CrossfireX.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SaFt

Hello Giant Bombers, i turn to you for some enlightenment regarding ATI CrossfireX.

Just to get it out of the way, yes i do have a CrossfireX  compatible motherboard.

So, i already have a HD 5770 card but bought another one today so that i could use crossfire.

How do i go about installing it in the proper way? If a already have an identical card with drivers installed can i just pop the new card into the socket and bridge them and we're done?

Or do i have to uninstall the old drivers, and re-install the cards one at a time?

Also, i can't see any Crossfire options in the Catalyst control center, i saw a screenshot from another guy and he had it right under the ATI Overdrive tab.

Thanks in advance!

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Just uninstall and then reinstall the drivers.  They should detect both cards as part of the install.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Don't you need some kind of crossfireX bridge? You should of bought a HD5850 instead, it's about the same power. Don't quote me on that, it's just an estimate.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

Don't you need some kind of crossfireX bridge?

"
      If a already have an identical card with drivers installed can i just pop the new card into the socket and bridge them and we're done? 
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47

whoops, then your done.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SaFt
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

You should of bought a HD5850 instead, it's about the same power. Don't quote me on that, it's just an estimate.

"
    Yeah, but since i already had a HD5770 card from when i bought my computer earlier this year i figured i could as well just buy another one and bridge them since the HD5850 is over double the price of the HD5770.

Also, thanks for the answears everyone.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @SaFt: However you spent about the same amount of money now. I'm just saying, anyways have fun with your crossfireX graphic cards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.