Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Spec questions

theredcoat24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By theredcoat24

I'm gonna be in the market to get a new computer in the next few months, and I want to get a custom built one but I have no idea about the differences in the specs, what I'm shooting for is that it's able to play a game like Napoleon: Total with NO problems, and still be able to be compatible for a couple of years. Thanks for the help in advance if you help.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HitmanAgent47

You want something to last and not bottleneck you, go intel. There isn't alot of upgrade paths for amd stuff, except the X6 phenom which has more cores with less horse power. Lots of cheap ati cards these days that are very powerful. I can't recommend anything because I don't read ati benchmarks because I don't use ati cards.  

Then again you can be fooled into getting a X4 phenom and think it's good enough, while your at it, why not just get a crossfireX mobo? I recommend a LGA 1156 mobo or intel X58 mobo instead, which I use. I can crossfireX or sli anything with it if necessary. Honestly lot's of ppl might say get an i5 or something like that, or it's good enough ect. Just do what I do, get an i7 if you want less bottlenecking, alot of power and to last a few years. Sure it may cost more, however you want something that you don't have to upgrade for a few years. Of course the videocard, you will have to change it eventually if you want it to last.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.