Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

The Commodore 64 is back! (And it's pretty damn fast!)

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By No0b0rAmA

OK, maybe it's not exactly fast, but this week Commodore USA announced it's going to be shipping the PC64, a exact replica of the Commodore 64 with some new hardware inside.
    This computer seems like a nettop, but it does look pretty decent. Here are the specs:
    The new Intel Atom 525 CPU 
    The also new Nvidia Ion 2 graphics chipset
    4 gigabytes of ddr3 memory
    1 terabyte harddrive
    CD/DVD drive and an Optional Blue-ray drive
     Dual link DVI and 6 USB Ports 
    and of course, to top it off, the original Commodore 64 chassis

The PC64 is set for release this holiday, and I think I found myself a Christmas present for my dad. Does bring some nostalgia for anyone else? Seems like a cool thing to have.

You can find the original Engadget article here.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

why?

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By No0b0rAmA
    @hedfone: DUDE, DONT YOU KNOW!?!? COMMODORE 64 IS MOST SOLD PC EVER. EVER.
    alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By alternate

It isn't a C64 though.  It is an old C64 shell with some low powered e-pc guts in it.  These thing are cool when some modder does them and takes them to quakecon, but not really something for commercial products.  Ironically it won't legally be able to ship with a C64 emulator.  Someone bought the commodore name and when their overpriced branded PCs failed they obviously had to find other value in the licence.

Hell C64 was my first computer and I have no interest in this.  Now if it were an Amiga...

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BounceDK

Very nice, but I'm so past the Commodore / Amiga / Amstrad stage. Now if Nintendo would release a new Super Nintendo...
    Oh and why use an intel chip? It's just going to bump up the price for no apparent reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.