Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

This rig any good (buying advise please)

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

By full HD do you mean 720p or beyond? I dont know if that 5770 could handle anything more than that, but everything else is all good,

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wuddel

I mean 1920x1080. So the native resolution of the monitor that actually comes with the PC. (not in the link above)

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Spoonman671

Yeah, I would think you could run most of the games you're looking to play.  You'll probably have to customize the graphics settings quite a bit to make sure the game is running as best it can.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I think your machine may struggle a bit on maxed out settings at that resolution, but it shouldn't be too bad.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

pallorwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By pallorwag

That rig will run well for what you want.  Only thing I was looking at in concern is Green Power 560w. I never heard of this brand and  concerned with it's reliability.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By HitmanAgent47

It seems more like a cross fire mobo, you can't sli with that thing. Still you can always add another hd5770 later on if you need more power. I say it's an okay rig, better than what most ppl post as should I buy this rig.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Wuddel

Well, okay. Thanks for the input so far. I have no knowledge on current desktop pc hardware, being a Mac-user on a notebook and all (for 9 years now). I figured the HD5770 would be a bit wimpy. The link I posted is from my usual supplier of all electronics, which usually has good prices and quality (the best in my area). They offer a wide range of PCs, this one being at the low end of the gaming category. If i really want to step it up I am supped to spend in the 1900$ range (~2000 Swiss Francs, but keep in mind everything is more expensive here) - thats a bit too much. Thanks for the link to the other thread. It seems I have to put in a bit more effort to get the biggest bang for my buck. Actually, I send the thread to a PC-seller in Germany just behind the border to see what they can do.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By HitmanAgent47

The rig is good, it's just the videocard is bottleneck. The hd5770 isn't that slow as ppl are trying to claim it is. The best deal in videocards right now are the GTX460 1gb version.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wuddel

I am so excited. I just ordered this baby: 

CPU: Intel Core i7 930 (4x2,80GHz) Quad Core Sockel LGA 1366, 8MB Cache, QPI 4.8GT/S, 130W

CPU-Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 6GB 3-Kit Core i7 1600MHz CL9
    HD: 1,0TB HDD 7200 Samsung SAH-HD103SJ SpinPoint F3
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470, 1280 MB GDDR5
    Optical: DVD-Burner 22x DL SATA LightScribe, schwarz SH-S223L/BEBE, 22xDVD±R, 8xDVD+RW, 6xDVD-RW, 12xDVD+DL
    Mainboard: ASUS P6T SE, Intel 1366, Crossfire
    Power: 550W Thermaltake TR2 RX, SLI, CrossFire
    Case: LanCool Dragon Lord K62, Mid tower, 1x 12cm + 3x 14cm Fans   

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.