Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Troubles in running Fallout: New Vegas on PC.

behardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By behardy

Need some help duders.

Everytime I attempt to load Fallout: NV it gives me this message:

Failed to initialize renderer

Your display doesn't support the sleeted resolution. Please set a different resolution in Fallout: New Vegas's Launcher under "Display Settings"

Now I am a PC noob when it comes down to this type of technical stuff and I have trying a bunch of things to fix it but I am unable to.

So please help, my graphics card says I should be able to run this game "Good" so some support would greatly be apprenticed, thank you.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Darji

@behardy said:

Need some help duders.

Everytime I attempt to load Fallout: NV it gives me this message:

Failed to initialize renderer

Your display doesn't support the sleeted resolution. Please set a different resolution in Fallout: New Vegas's Launcher under "Display Settings"

Now I am a PC noob when it comes down to this type of technical stuff and I have trying a bunch of things to fix it but I am unable to.

So please help, my graphics card says I should be able to run this game "Good" so some support would greatly be apprenticed, thank you.

I googled this problem and the first thing that came up was putting the game in window mode. Or do you have dual monitors?

Solution: Disconnected the dual display turned off the the adapter then turn it back on allowing it to only render at the recommended setting and reconnecting the other display after setting the resolution back to its default setting in personalization.Solution: Disconnected the dual display turned off the the adapter then turn it back on allowing it to only render at the recommended setting and reconnecting the other display after setting the resolution back to its default setting in personalization.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Try the above suggested solution but you need to list your computer specs if you can... to do this just type dxdiag in the search field in the start bar and click on the dxdiag.exe that pops up. That should tell you what your system specs are.

Find out what your current resolution is and are you playing this on Windows 7 / Windows 8? just right-click on the desktop and select screen resolution from the drop down menu.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another helpful piece of info would be what version of the game you're using and whether it is a Steam copy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.