Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Updating Nvidia Drivers

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Doctorchimp

I have a 670 and I did update to the new beta drivers like a week ago, I accidentally hit express though. That is kind of nagging me.

But am I supposed to really scrub out and remove the old drivers and install the new drivers? Or am I gonna be okay?

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

just uninstall and reinstall again if you want peace of mind.  Otherwise it's usually fine.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By kindgineer

If you use nVidia's self-installer it should come with an automatic cleaner that uninstalls old drivers.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@ck1nd said:

If you use nVidia's self-installer it should come with an automatic cleaner that uninstalls old drivers.

Not really, it only goes so far. To really uninstall them you have to do some pretty drastic things.

But if you aren't having problems, don't worry duder. You'll notice it if things don't go well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.