Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Vid Card Compatibility

Avatar image for supremeconstant
    SupremeConstant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SupremeConstant

I have a computer that is just about 2 years old running with a radeon 7850 and I'm thinking about dropping in a new video card. I've been looking at a gtx 760 or 770. However I have no idea what is compatible or how to go about finding that out. This is what is currently in the case,

Asus p8z77-v lx

I-5 3570k

600w corsair gs

How do I find out what whether this motherboard will work with those cards? the power supply I suppose is easy enough to research but I did not find anything in the motherboard manual about how many pin connecters it had/required, just references to how many pci slots it had.

Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jsnyder82

The motherboard will work with both of those cards. Video cards are pretty much standard PCI Express slots. The long, dark blue slot on your motherboard is the slot you put the graphics card into.

Although I think a 600w power supply is the bare minimum for the GTX 770. The 760 would probably work better with your power supply. It's minimum is 500w.

Avatar image for supremeconstant
    SupremeConstant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you jsnyder. Just stumbled on to the tomshardware.com site which answered some of my questions better than other sites I was on.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I think you will be fine with a 600w power supply. I am using a Corsair 600w PS and have the EVGA GTX 770 and it works great.

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By VACkillers

just going to re-iterate what the other guys posted that you'll be fine its compatible no problem and the 600W power supply is fine as well, just make sure you have the correct 6-pin / 8-pin PCI Express connectors.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.