Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Which Geforce GTX 570?

chrisovc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chrisovc

Trying to decide on what Geforce GTX 570 card to get. Was looking between Asus and Evga, Here are the 4 cards I got it down to

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121432 (Asus Geforce GTX 570) 
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130595 (Evga Geforce GTX 570) 
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130620 (Evga Geforce GTX 570)  
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130622 (Evga Geforce GTX 570)
     The Evga Card turns out to be the cheapest after Rebates but only by $40 or so tho I am looking to spend between $300 - $350. I'm currently running a Evga Geforce GTX 260 which is really starting to show its age. Here are the Specs on my pc.

Intel i5 - 2500k  3.3ghz (3.7ghz Turbo) 
    1TB WD Black HD 
    Corsair 8Gb DDR3 Ram  
    Evga Geforce GTX 260 
    850watt Power Supply  
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Just looking to see what card would be best for my PC and which I would get better Performance out of.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By swoxx

I don't really know, I do however recommend posting this on tested.com.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

The thing i hate the most about PC parts... the same part having 4+ versions. I read the names of all 3 EVGA cards closely and they all seem like the exact same card, 'cept for an additional number here or word there 

I think ASUS is the best manufacturer, so i recommend that.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous

I'd go with EVGA as far as manufacturers go.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

superclocked ones from evga are already overclocked.  While the asus one is running at base speeds.

012-P3-1572-AR has a reference fan and the  012-P3-1573-AR has a slightly different fan.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Skytylz

I have the MSI Twin Frozr II 6950 and it's been great so far, I'd recommend the 570 version of that if you'd consider it.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By AlexW00d

From the looks of it the Asus one will run the coolest and possibly the quietest although I can't be sure with that. 
    Although the EVGA ones are pre-overclocked, so they will perform a bit better. But then with the size of the cooler on the Asus one you could just overclock it yourself and have it run cooler. 

Obviously, I'm not expert, but that is what it seems to me.

chrisovc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By chrisovc

So kinda leaning towards the Asus one right now, the super clocked does sound nice but can always do that myself. Thanks for all the suggestions so far, if anyone has any more please feel free to chip in :)

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    BigLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By BigLemon

I've got the EVGA 560 Ti in my set up, and I like it. It's a two-slotter, and it runs like a beast.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I wouldn't get the EVGA HD unless your not going to sli, but just buy one card and it should be okay. Still it has an hdmi cable without an mini hdmi adapter. I was considering getting that card, but then I was worried about the heat if you sli, I had problems in the past with similar designs. If you put two of them together with that cooler design, it will overheat the top card. Unlike the normal external exhaust evga card which is a good choice. Make sure whatever you get says AR, not KR.

With the asus one, it takes three slots, so it's a problem for some mobos like mine where the cards are stacked right on top of each other. Should be okay on a normal mobo that has more space, but if you ever plan to sli, maybe it's not a good idea. 

the normal evga card is loud though and you can't overclock it because of some vrm phase shit, where it doesn't have alot of them, so it fries easily. Don't overclock the gtx 570 cards, you can do it with the gtx 580 easily with no problems. But if you put the fan at 100% or near there, it sounds like a hair dryer. That's the advantage of the HD card, it's more quiet, but not totally quiet. 

I don't know if you are going to sli or not, it will affect your decision I suppose. If not, maybe the asus card is okay, or the gtx 570hd. But if you are, go with the regular gtx 570 where it can exhaust heat better.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MeierTheRed

I would get a MSI but thats just me. In my opinion their Twin Frozr fans are the best out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.