Which is a better decision considering the following

#1 Posted by FadyFadlallah (5 posts) -

Well I am not a PC/Console Gamer, I am just a Gamer. I am not posting to make a comparison or any other kind of stuff. My question is simple:

Considering I can stream my PC to my TV, and I am using wireless keyboard/mouse/controller/etc... So the console being a better option due to it being easily accessible/linked to my TV is obsolete.

And considering that I will be waiting two to three months after the release of the next-gen consoles.

And considering that I don't care that much about graphics, all I care about is it being 1080p and the game physics being impressive (just like the next-gen games)

And since we will see much more PC ports due to it being easier with the next-gen games, and Nvidia is going to heavily support the PC because of ATI's partnership with both PS4 and Xbox One, and of course the PC games are much cheaper on PC (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Will buying a console be worth it? Or am I better off upgrading my PC?

#2 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

Do you care about the exclusives? If no, upgrade away, you won't regret it.

#3 Posted by dgtlty (160 posts) -

Things to consider: exclusives, and online multiplayer (what system are your friends going to be playing on?).

I'm in a similar position however I've pre-ordered both consoles because I'm a crazy person.

#4 Edited by Final_Bawse (43 posts) -

Hard question to answer for someone else, but what I've done personally is upgraded my PC and decided to wait and see what happens with the consoles (perhaps a year or two?)

I imagine EVENTUALLY you will end up with one of the consoles anyway right?

Not like there will be a large library of games for a while yet on the consoles. (We know what will be released in the launch window)

If you did buy early, you'd end up back on your PC anyway while waiting for stuff to actually come out.

So yeah :|

#5 Posted by mikey87144 (1775 posts) -

So I just finished my Gaming PC and I'm also getting a PS4. It's always better to have options but if I had to choose I would upgrade. The games you care about more than likely are coming out next year and you can play all the launch games on PC sans the exclusives.

#6 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

How are you streaming to your TV? I wasn't aware this could be done...

#7 Posted by cloudnineboya (821 posts) -

just upgraded my GPU i would get a ps4 but not at the present time,need to go out and steal loads of bottle tops couse fuck i want to play infamous. so my answer is you can have both, no shortage of fun to go around.

#8 Posted by Mars (310 posts) -

I cashed in my PS4 to upgrade my PC. Thinking about cashing in the XB1 too. There are very few console exclusives at launch that I've gotta have.

#9 Edited by squiDc00kiE (352 posts) -

It really boils down to what you feel. What do you WANT to do? This topic is a pretty close call so whatever you feel good about doing go ahead and do it.

Also yeah I've got a pc with dual 670's in sli and I've got a ps4 preordered so I might not be the most rational person to ask

#11 Edited by FadyFadlallah (5 posts) -

Well thank you all for your answers...

I have decided to upgrade my PC in about 4 months or so (I'm gonna wait until Nvidia releases the Maxwell generation of GPUs and decide the best option then)

And later on get a PS4 when there is a good number of exclusives.

As for killacam

@killacam said:

How are you streaming to your TV? I wasn't aware this could be done...

I read about this: http://www.worldtvpc.com/blog/how-to-wirelessly-stream-media-from-pc-phone-and-tablet-to-the-big-screen-tv/

Also google: stream pc to tv (maybe stream is not the correct word for it)

I have not tried any of this but it seems that it is plausible. If not I would connect it directly anyway

#12 Posted by FadyFadlallah (5 posts) -
#13 Posted by billymagnum (827 posts) -

as soon as i started hooking up my pc to my tv, my consoles got awfully dusty. for the first time for as far back as i can remember, i have absolutely no interest in new consoles.

#14 Edited by cloudnineboya (821 posts) -

So who won best answer. Was it me, it was me wasn't it?.

#15 Posted by ShaggE (6456 posts) -

#16 Posted by FadyFadlallah (5 posts) -

@shagge said:

hahahahahahhahahahaahhahaha

#17 Posted by kn00tcn (158 posts) -

I have decided to upgrade my PC in about 4 months or so (I'm gonna wait until Nvidia releases the Maxwell generation of GPUs and decide the best option then)

maxwell could take longer than 4 months, there's also talk that it's still 28nm so it wont be the big jump until 'big maxwell' for late 2014/early 2015?

next gen radeons in a week, let's see what they bring too

#18 Posted by FadyFadlallah (5 posts) -
@kn00tcn said:

@fadyfadlallah said:

maxwell could take longer than 4 months, there's also talk that it's still 28nm so it wont be the big jump until 'big maxwell' for late 2014/early 2015?

next gen radeons in a week, let's see what they bring too

Yeah I am waiting for AMD's huma technology, and Valve annouced the Steam Box... So now I'm more confused:p
I'm thinking to wait, if its gonna be a long wait for the new tech to arrive I'll just get a console till they reach the new tech stage.
I think I'll wait till intel makes huma cpus because I'm not a big fan of AMD (never tried it though... its cheap but Nvidia has PhysX and Intel has more processing power for 1 core or something like that)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.