Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Which is a better decision considering the following

FadyFadlallah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well I am not a PC/Console Gamer, I am just a Gamer. I am not posting to make a comparison or any other kind of stuff. My question is simple:

Considering I can stream my PC to my TV, and I am using wireless keyboard/mouse/controller/etc... So the console being a better option due to it being easily accessible/linked to my TV is obsolete.

And considering that I will be waiting two to three months after the release of the next-gen consoles.

And considering that I don't care that much about graphics, all I care about is it being 1080p and the game physics being impressive (just like the next-gen games)

And since we will see much more PC ports due to it being easier with the next-gen games, and Nvidia is going to heavily support the PC because of ATI's partnership with both PS4 and Xbox One, and of course the PC games are much cheaper on PC (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Will buying a console be worth it? Or am I better off upgrading my PC?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Do you care about the exclusives? If no, upgrade away, you won't regret it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Things to consider: exclusives, and online multiplayer (what system are your friends going to be playing on?).

I'm in a similar position however I've pre-ordered both consoles because I'm a crazy person.

Final_Bawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Final_Bawse

Hard question to answer for someone else, but what I've done personally is upgraded my PC and decided to wait and see what happens with the consoles (perhaps a year or two?)

I imagine EVENTUALLY you will end up with one of the consoles anyway right?

Not like there will be a large library of games for a while yet on the consoles. (We know what will be released in the launch window)

If you did buy early, you'd end up back on your PC anyway while waiting for stuff to actually come out.

So yeah :|

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So I just finished my Gaming PC and I'm also getting a PS4. It's always better to have options but if I had to choose I would upgrade. The games you care about more than likely are coming out next year and you can play all the launch games on PC sans the exclusives.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are you streaming to your TV? I wasn't aware this could be done...

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just upgraded my GPU i would get a ps4 but not at the present time,need to go out and steal loads of bottle tops couse fuck i want to play infamous. so my answer is you can have both, no shortage of fun to go around.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cashed in my PS4 to upgrade my PC. Thinking about cashing in the XB1 too. There are very few console exclusives at launch that I've gotta have.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By squiDc00kiE

It really boils down to what you feel. What do you WANT to do? This topic is a pretty close call so whatever you feel good about doing go ahead and do it.

Also yeah I've got a pc with dual 670's in sli and I've got a ps4 preordered so I might not be the most rational person to ask

FadyFadlallah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FadyFadlallah

Well thank you all for your answers...

I have decided to upgrade my PC in about 4 months or so (I'm gonna wait until Nvidia releases the Maxwell generation of GPUs and decide the best option then)

And later on get a PS4 when there is a good number of exclusives.

As for killacam

@killacam said:

How are you streaming to your TV? I wasn't aware this could be done...

I read about this: http://www.worldtvpc.com/blog/how-to-wirelessly-stream-media-from-pc-phone-and-tablet-to-the-big-screen-tv/

Also google: stream pc to tv (maybe stream is not the correct word for it)

I have not tried any of this but it seems that it is plausible. If not I would connect it directly anyway

FadyFadlallah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

as soon as i started hooking up my pc to my tv, my consoles got awfully dusty. for the first time for as far back as i can remember, i have absolutely no interest in new consoles.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cloudnineboya

So who won best answer. Was it me, it was me wasn't it?.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FadyFadlallah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

hahahahahahhahahahaahhahaha

kn00tcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have decided to upgrade my PC in about 4 months or so (I'm gonna wait until Nvidia releases the Maxwell generation of GPUs and decide the best option then)

maxwell could take longer than 4 months, there's also talk that it's still 28nm so it wont be the big jump until 'big maxwell' for late 2014/early 2015?

next gen radeons in a week, let's see what they bring too

FadyFadlallah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kn00tcn said:

@fadyfadlallah said:

maxwell could take longer than 4 months, there's also talk that it's still 28nm so it wont be the big jump until 'big maxwell' for late 2014/early 2015?

next gen radeons in a week, let's see what they bring too

Yeah I am waiting for AMD's huma technology, and Valve annouced the Steam Box... So now I'm more confused:p
    I'm thinking to wait, if its gonna be a long wait for the new tech to arrive I'll just get a console till they reach the new tech stage.
    I think I'll wait till intel makes huma cpus because I'm not a big fan of AMD (never tried it though... its cheap but Nvidia has PhysX and Intel has more processing power for 1 core or something like that)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.