Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Who uses Dualshock 4 on PC? I need help!

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I'm trying to use the DS4 to XInput Wrapper that lets you use your Dualshock 4 on the PC, but every time I load that program with a controller connected it freezes my computer. I've already searched the Internet for answers, and the few solutions people have posted have not worked for me. I'm hoping you duders could help.

I've uninstalled MotionInJoy, so there shouldn't be any conflict.

When I open the program with Device Manager in a window, another device pops up with a yellow exclamation sign, and then the computer freezes.

The program does not freeze when the DS4 isn't plugged in. Only when I plug it in and search for a device does it freeze on me.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

I was under the impression that PS4 controllers were not compatible with PC yet

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EDIT: I found out the solution. Turns out, the 360 Controller drivers weren't installed on my computer, which is weird because they certainly were in the past.

Ah well. You can lock this down now, mods.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wait, why do you even need that? My DS4 is recognized as a generic game controller by windows. All the buttons and sticks work fine, but there is no rumble or touchpad support. It works on emulators and games that support generic controllers, for everything else you could just use xpadder or something similar. I still use the 360 controller because it's natively supported (button prompts and such) and the rumble works, but there's no reason you couldn't use the ds4 without too much monkeying around.

Avatar image for deactivated-987696
    deactivated-987696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

DS4Tool makes your PC think the DS4 is a Xbox 360 controller, so thats probably why. Best solution so far with little to none input lag.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ll_exile_ll: If OP is using the same DS4 wrapper that I've read about, you need 360 controller drivers for the controller to translate its DirectInput to XInput. I don't think XInput is natively recognized on Windows 7/8.

@xalienxgreyx: No official drivers, but people have made programs that "tricks" the PC into thinking that the DS4 is an Xbox 360 controller (and I believe the latest update even adds touchpad support).

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Using the DS4Tool and anyone lag issues with games? I followed the steps perfectly and it works but everyone once and a while buttons won't work, buttons with have a continuous effect, stuff like that.

Example is I booted up Super Meat Boy and every few deaths or so Meat Boy would be locked in a sprint, or not move at all, wouldn't jump, etc.

Anyone else have similar issues?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.