Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode Two

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 29, 2008

Penny Arcade: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 2 is the second in a series of episodic adventure role-playing games from Hothead Games and the creators of the titular webcomic.

A short review of Penny arcade Episodes 1 and 2.

Somadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 6

Edited By Somadude

I have a very limted history with the Penny arcade name, I only found out about the comic a year ago. So when I saw these games on playstation network in a bundle for $14.99, I was curious to see what kind of game it was. As it turns out, Penny arcade: On the rain-slick Precipice of Darkness is actually a pretty good action RPG with plenty of  jokes and fruit humping robots.  

The gameplay is pretty simple, you have 3 party members and up to 3 "support characters." 
    Each one of the 3 main charaters has a basic and special move and each action requires time to recharge. 
    You can also combine your special moves to deal more damage. Simply find what your enemies weakness is ( basic attacks items, ect.) and let loose. 
    The combat is always active, enemies can attack you at any time. So it's your job to dodge or counter their moves my memorizing attack patterns. ( Think Mario and luigi) 
    At first it's all a little overwhelming, but as the game went on I found myself adjusting and really enjoying the combat. 

The story is also pretty good, though it's less about the "plot" and more about putting you and your friends Tycho and Gabriel in strange situations. 
    There's also a ton of foul-mouthed humor in this game, with a constant flow of F-bombs and over-the-top antics. 
    It's sad that Episode 3 was cancelled because I really enjoyed these two games and the second episode really picked up the pace and made it really easy to enjoy all the different aspects of the gameplay and story.

Overall I think think these games were worth the fifteen dollars I paid for them. Though I can see the humor and even some aspects of the gameplay to be a turn-off for some people.  

Episode 1  3/5 
    Episode 2  4/5

Somadude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Somadude

I have a very limted history with the Penny arcade name, I only found out about the comic a year ago. So when I saw these games on playstation network in a bundle for $14.99, I was curious to see what kind of game it was. As it turns out, Penny arcade: On the rain-slick Precipice of Darkness is actually a pretty good action RPG with plenty of  jokes and fruit humping robots.  

The gameplay is pretty simple, you have 3 party members and up to 3 "support characters." 
    Each one of the 3 main charaters has a basic and special move and each action requires time to recharge. 
    You can also combine your special moves to deal more damage. Simply find what your enemies weakness is ( basic attacks items, ect.) and let loose. 
    The combat is always active, enemies can attack you at any time. So it's your job to dodge or counter their moves my memorizing attack patterns. ( Think Mario and luigi) 
    At first it's all a little overwhelming, but as the game went on I found myself adjusting and really enjoying the combat. 

The story is also pretty good, though it's less about the "plot" and more about putting you and your friends Tycho and Gabriel in strange situations. 
    There's also a ton of foul-mouthed humor in this game, with a constant flow of F-bombs and over-the-top antics. 
    It's sad that Episode 3 was cancelled because I really enjoyed these two games and the second episode really picked up the pace and made it really easy to enjoy all the different aspects of the gameplay and story.

Overall I think think these games were worth the fifteen dollars I paid for them. Though I can see the humor and even some aspects of the gameplay to be a turn-off for some people.  

Episode 1  3/5 
    Episode 2  4/5

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.