Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Arena

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 07, 2012

Persona 4 Arena is an Arc System Works-developed fighting game with an Atlus-developed story mode that serves as the official sequel to both Persona 3 and Persona 4.

New stuff

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By metalsnakezero
    • Persona 4 Arena DX pack comes with art book, rubber IC card holder with Teddie on it, and a microfiber cloth. Atlus USA better have a spacial edition too!
    • Story events will play out in a visual novel like fashion like Persona 4 was.
    • 4 Characters will be playable in story mode and others will be unlock at certain points. Sounds better than having each character a story line from the start. I wonder if this is like MK style story?
    This is exactly what I imagine Chie's room would be like
    This is exactly what I imagine Chie's room would be like
    Don't tell me Yosuke will be hitting on Labrys because she's MINE!
    Don't tell me Yosuke will be hitting on Labrys because she's MINE!

source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/18/persona-4-arena-deluxe-pack-includes-visual-pamphlet-and-teddie-card-holder/

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By rjayb89

Chie's room. Jeff's gonna love this game.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@metalsnakezero said:

• 4 new Characters will show up in story and can be unlock. So more characters!? who else is joining!?

That's not what this means at all and you should probably reread that info. It just means that, initially, in the Story Mode, there'll only be 4 characters available to choose from. Other characters (that have already been revealed) will have their own Story Mode paths unlocked as you play.

We already know, however, that there will be console exclusive characters from past comments from the devs.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By metalsnakezero

@FluxWaveZ: Guess I did :P

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

THAT'S CHIE'S ROOM!? I love that girl even more more now.

This also gives me hope that the story mode will be nice and long. Or at least long by fighting game standards.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Commisar123

CAN'T WAIT

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Tylea002

Chie's room just makes me super bummed that she's got a different VA now.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Phatmac

Can't imagine that the story mode will be any good. The roster is limited meaning that either the story will be real short or that we'll have to fight multiple people through each story line. Fighting game story modes are tricky to do, unless your Mortal Kombat 9. Now that's a fighting game! I'm sure the game will be alright, but don't expect the story mode to be anything great gameplay wise. I'm more interested with the interaction between both Persona 3 and 4 characters.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I've got more images.

Kick his ass Chie!
    Kick his ass Chie!
    No Caption Provided
    Wait, are they going to explain why Yu is back in Inaba?
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel
    @Phatmac

Can't imagine that the story mode will be any good. The roster is limited meaning that either the story will be real short or that we'll have to fight multiple people through each story line. Fighting game story modes are tricky to do, unless your Mortal Kombat 9. Now that's a fighting game! I'm sure the game will be alright, but don't expect the story mode to be anything great gameplay wise. I'm more interested with the interaction between both Persona 3 and 4 characters.

Mortal Kombat's story mode was just a long series of fights linked by cinematics.
    Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Phatmac

@Hailinel said:

@Phatmac

Mortal Kombat's story mode was just a long series of fights linked by cinematics.

With 20+ characters. My point is that I would have liked more characters to fight with during story mode.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel
    @Phatmac

@Hailinel said:

@Phatmac

With 20+ characters. My point is that I would have liked more characters to fight with during story mode.

Not everyone was playable in MK's story mode, and P4U has a smaller roster to begin with regardless of story.
    Tofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Tofin

Man, I'm really looking forward to this game after seeing this stuff. More Persona 4 stuff is all right by me.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Phatmac

@Hailinel said:

@Phatmac

@Hailinel said:

@Phatmac

Not everyone was playable in MK's story mode, and P4U has a smaller roster to begin with regardless of story.

The story and cutscences will surely be awesome. It'll just suck that the roster is limited and that'll probably limit gameplay during story mode.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By metalsnakezero

@JeanLuc said:

I've got more images.

Kick his ass Chie!
    Kick his ass Chie!
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The dream fight of Chie vs. Akihiko!, A pretty hefty menu of features, Nanako get to see Big bro again!, and Bromance fight!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@JeanLuc: What do you mean? Yu is back in Inaba because he's visiting Inaba. I think the most important issue is the fact that they're still wearing their Yasogami uniforms.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@FluxWaveZ: But isn't it only suppose to take place like two months later? So he decides to suddenly ditch school and go chill in Inaba again? And yeah, why is he wearing his Yasogami outfit? Everyone else still goes to that school so it makes since for them but why would he have one?

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By mutha3
    @JeanLuc said:

@FluxWaveZ: But isn't it only suppose to take place like two months later? So he decides to suddenly ditch school and go chill in Inaba again? And yeah, why is he wearing his Yasogami outfit? Everyone else still goes to that school so it makes since for them but why would he have one?

He's visiting during Golden Week, and he's wearing his 2nd year uniform, while Yosuke has bumped up to third year. Its probably for old times sake! His uniform didn't suddenly evaporate at the end of P4! Gotta Smuggle weapons into Junes and all that.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@JeanLuc: Yeah, it's just two months after Persona 4 but it might take place during a summer break or something. Or maybe he's just visiting during a weekend.

And looking at the pics, Yosuke has his proper uniform with the roman numeral "III" on it for his new grade, but Yu still has one with the "II", so he might be wearing it for the sake of nostalgia? Or just simply as a way to conceal the weapons, again.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Oh man that is awesome.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@mutha3: @FluxWaveZ: Alright, those are fair points. I still think its a bit weird though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.