Who is your navigator/ring caller?

#1 Posted by MethodMan008 (810 posts) -

What's up duders? Question is pretty self explanatory..

I've got Teddie pulling double duty right now but I'm thinking of changing the ring caller to Chie or someone else.. But it just feels right having Teddie giving me encouragement through out my matches. :D

#2 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Yu on ring caller, Fuuka on Navigator.

Fun fact, I unlocked Fuuka normally and didn't buy her.

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19348 posts) -

Fuuka because she's Fuuka. Though Nanako's a hilarious announcer to listen to.

#4 Posted by FLStyle (4712 posts) -

Ring Caller? There's something else to unlock characters for other than the announcer? Who can you get for that?

I haven't seen Mitsuru announcing yet, I always did prefer her backing me up in P3 over Fuuka but then she became my party member.

#5 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -
@FLStyle Just beat the arcade with a character and you unlock that character as the ring caller. They just say stuff like "Round 1" or "Fatal" during the fight. You can change it in the options.
#6 Edited by _Soki_ (101 posts) -

Once I unlock Nanako I'm going to use her.

I use Teddie as a ring caller.

#7 Posted by FLStyle (4712 posts) -

@Joeyoe31: Ahhh nice. Now that's interesting. I wonder how loud and excited Kanji sounds when he says that.

#8 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5268 posts) -

I should get Kanji. Troy Baker in fighting games is pretty cool.

#9 Posted by metalsnakezero (2297 posts) -

Got Labrys to call my rounds with the sweet Brooklyn accent of hers. Fuuka as my navigator just to hear her state the obvious as usual. Also I miss hearing her voice, even if it from someone else.

#10 Posted by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

Teddie's my hype man, plan on switching to Fuuka when I unlock her for old times sake.

Ring Caller is Chie.

#11 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -
@metalsnakezero said:

Got Labrys to call my rounds with the sweet Brooklyn accent of hers.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19348 posts) -

I must have missed something, because I have no idea what a ring caller is.

#13 Edited by _Soki_ (101 posts) -

When you beat arcade mode with a character you are able to make that character the Round caller in the Options.

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19348 posts) -

@_Soki_: Oh... I've never beaten arcade mode. That'd explain it, heh.

#15 Posted by SockemJetpack (408 posts) -

Grraaahh will tomorrow ever come? Damn you Amazon for not figuring out next minute shipping.

That said it's gotta be Teddie for both until Kanji is unlocked.

#16 Posted by Animasta (14693 posts) -

Teddie as Navigator (as he's the only one I've unlocked) and Elizabeth as Ring Caller

#17 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

I intend on using either Fuuka or Nanako as a navigator, but I'm stuck with lil' ol' Rise right now. My round caller is Yukiko for now.

#18 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

What's a ring caller? I'm also hoping to unlock Teddie after I beat story mode.

#19 Posted by Vashyron (205 posts) -

@Phatmac: Ring caller is the announcer person for the pre-match stuff. You get it for beating Arcade mode with a certain character.

#20 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -
@Joeyoe31 said:
Yu on ring caller, Fuuka on Navigator. Fun fact, I unlocked Fuuka normally and didn't buy her.
How did you get Fuuka as your Navi? Is it complete all the challenges?
#21 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

@neoepoch said:

@Joeyoe31 said:
Yu on ring caller, Fuuka on Navigator. Fun fact, I unlocked Fuuka normally and didn't buy her.
How did you get Fuuka as your Navi? Is it complete all the challenges?

Play 250 rounds online. So 2 per match. You would have to play 125 matches in order to unlock her.There's another way with beating score attack with 3 different character but I wouldn't know that off the top my head. Just GameFaqs it.

On another note, if you max out someone's challenges you unlock Mitsuru.

#22 Edited by RetroVirus (1473 posts) -

Teddie is definitely my ring caller, currently have regular old Rise for navigator.

#23 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -
@Joeyoe31: Really? Because there have been folk saying they have played 250 matches and haven't unlocked Fuuka yet.
#24 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -
@neoepoch I don't know what to tell you then.
#25 Posted by YI_Orange (1148 posts) -

Is there a way to unlock Nanako without beating score attack? I can't even beat Yosuke with Yu.

#26 Posted by MethodMan008 (810 posts) -

@YI_Orange said:

Is there a way to unlock Nanako without beating score attack? I can't even beat Yosuke with Yu.

You can pay a dollar or two via XBL or PSN.

I've been really liking Teddie but if I wanted someone else I would probably just buy them, I don't mind microtransactions. :P

#27 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

@MethodMan008 said:

@YI_Orange said:

You can pay a dollar or two via XBL or PSN.

I've been really liking Teddie but if I wanted someone else I would probably just buy them, I don't mind microtransactions. :P

I'm almost considering buying Fuuka so I can have the proper navigator for my Akihiko. Teddie shouldn't be navigating for Akihiko THIS ISN'T CANON!

#28 Posted by lordofultima (6250 posts) -

Nobody, because that shit is mad annoying. lol

#29 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19348 posts) -

@Joeyoe31 said:

@neoepoch I don't know what to tell you then.

That's not how you unlock Fuuka.

#30 Posted by TheFakePsychic (194 posts) -

I just use the default ring caller, but I use Nanako as my Navigator. Because it's amazing. Like... The best. Super awesome. Absolutely fantastic.

#31 Posted by fantasyfreak07 (66 posts) -

I have Kanji set as my ring caller and Teddie as the navigator.

#32 Posted by neoepoch (1295 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Does ANYONE know how to unlock these Navis. I mean the only confirmed ones are Teddie and Mitsuru right? There are unconfirmed ways of unlocking the others, but there seems to be a lot of misinformation floating around about the navigators.
#33 Posted by Brodehouse (9953 posts) -

Kanji calls the rounds, Yosuke does the navigation.

Yosuke is AWFUL at navigation.

#34 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

That's not how you unlock Fuuka.

Then, Fuuka's unlock is triggered from either completing all of Score Attack with every fighter or completing all of said fighters' combo challenges. Mabye something else was triggered via online besides blowing about $2 for her.

#35 Posted by Melanon (58 posts) -

Rise's my navigator because I haven't unlocked anyone else yet.

Completely forgot you could change the ring caller :P

#36 Posted by DonChipotle (2763 posts) -

Labrys as a caller, Fuuka as a nav. Only way to fly.

#37 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19348 posts) -
#38 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

Default Ringer, Rise for P4 and Fuuka for P3. How it should be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.