Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Just finished this for the 1st time, I know I'm late

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rolanthas

Aaaand just finished it, in 62 hours with the true ending. I maxed all my team s-links and, Nanako, Dojima, Kou- Daisuke, Marie and Sayako as well. I think I did rather good without a guide. Had to charge my Vita around 12 times =)

What a fucking ride this was.

I did call the killer's identity ( and the kidnapper, and the relation), and the gas station attendant probably being the catalyst fairly early, though I am kinda obsessed with mysteries and almost always figure out what's up before the halfway. Still very, very consistent and well made. More than I could say for %90 of the RPGs these last 7 years. Tying the collective consciousness broadcast to ancient Japanese myths was very interesting, although I read this is the essence of SMT series in general.

Such a compelling setting, and heavy, yet not heavy handed storytelling. This is now probably my favourite RPG, just above Arcanum, since it's more fresh in my mind atm.I immediately started P3 FES, and left at the first save point. On one hand, I want, nay, need more Persona. On the other hand, better to not dilude the after effect with an immediate new adventure I think.

And I may now be officially on the Persona 5 waiting camp. It can't come soon enough. I'll pay obscene amounts for that.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I wouldn't be surprised if Persona 5 appeared on the 3DS and/or Vita instead of the 360 and PS3 at this point.

Anyway, I just finished watching the P4 Endurance Run and I'm getting close to finishing P3FES and... I like the story and writing in FES better. I'll probably play through Persona 4 despite knowing the story already anyway, but I just like everything except the gameplay in P3FES better. I just want to control all my characters, dammit! Which means I'm going to play the PSP version at some point.

EDIT: Also, if you're curious Atlus is coming out with a number of Shin Megami Tensei games this year (SMT is the "parent" series of Persona) for the 3DS.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Karmosin

Nice! It's a fantastic game and even though, in my opinion, it dosen't get better from there, the other games in the series is still pretty great, except maybe the first one wich i put down pretty fast. If you haven't tried them out there's also some great games in the main series like SMT: Nocturne, but they are very much straight up dungeoncrawly jrpgs and pretty different from persona 3 and 4.

Goby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Goby

Now you can graduate to Shin Megami Tensai games

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Dizzyhippos

I wouldn't be surprised if Persona 5 appeared on the 3DS and/or Vita instead of the 360 and PS3 at this point.

Theres a history of other mega ten games coming out on nintendo systems but persona's always been a sony thing and I would like to think persona is a big enough thing that sony would pay to lock it up for at least a while.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Trilogy

I read your post in an out of breath voice as if you ran over to excitedly tell us about it.

Azurath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaaand just finished it, in 62 hours with the true ending. I maxed all my team s-links and, Nanako, Dojima, Kou- Daisuke, Marie and Sayako as well. I think I did rather good without a guide. Had to charge my Vita around 12 times =)

What a fucking ride this was.

I did call the killer's identity ( and the kidnapper, and the relation), and the gas station attendant probably being the catalyst fairly early, though I am kinda obsessed with mysteries and almost always figure out what's up before the halfway. Still very, very consistent and well made. More than I could say for %90 of the RPGs these last 7 years. Tying the collective consciousness broadcast to ancient Japanese myths was very interesting, although I read this is the essence of SMT series in general.

Such a compelling setting, and heavy, yet not heavy handed storytelling. This is now probably my favourite RPG, just above Arcanum, since it's more fresh in my mind atm.I immediately started P3 FES, and left at the first save point. On one hand, I want, nay, need more Persona. On the other hand, better to not dilude the after effect with an immediate new adventure I think.

And I may now be officially on the Persona 5 waiting camp. It can't come soon enough. I'll pay obscene amounts for that.

Wait, have you not watched the P4 Endurance Run yet? Dude, it's literally the best content on the site, possibly the best content related to video games on the entire internet!

GO WATCH IT!

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258 said:

Theres a history of other mega ten games coming out on nintendo systems but persona's always been a sony thing and I would like to think persona is a big enough thing that sony would pay to lock it up for at least a while.

I really don't think it is honestly, not to Sony anyway. Especially with the PS4 on the way, I doubt they really care about locking down a game like Persona 5 at this point.

The developers heavily implied it will be on consoles though, and that pretty much guarantees a PS3 release, if not a 360 release too.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By bigjeffrey
    bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

wouldn't be surprised if Persona 5 appeared on the 3DS and/or Vita instead of the 360 and PS3 at this point.

I really don't think it is honestly, not to Sony anyway. Especially with the PS4 on the way, I doubt they really care about locking down a game like Persona 5 at this point.

The developers heavily implied it will be on consoles though, and that pretty much guarantees a PS3 release, if not a 360 release too.

I think that the release of Arena on 360 and Catherine on 360 would show that persona is probably coming to 360/PS3. But i really dont care i'll just wait.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trilogy said:

I read your post in an out of breath voice as if you ran over to excitedly tell us about it.

Ahaha, that came across nicely then =) Really, the last time a JRPG gripped me so wholly was FF8, and that was because I was fucking 12 at the time.

Damn it's been 20 days, I still feel this utter rush when I put on the OST. Damn good stuff. Ordered the series blu-rays after "sampling" a bit. Dat Chie's Castle run, dat 1st Izanagi summon! Damn good use of OST I'd say.

Oh I began watching the Endurance Run as well. It'll take me a while to watch them all but up to Ep 7, Vinnie - Jeff don't disappoint. It's like the perfect game for that pair to run through. I hope they end up getting the true ending.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rolanthas: It's fucking crazy that you're a premium member and completed P4, but haven't seen the endurance run XD

It's just incredible.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@rolanthas: It's fucking crazy that you're a premium member and completed P4, but haven't seen the endurance run XD

It's just incredible.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@dizzyhippos said:

@believer258 said:

Well, I didn't say it wouldn't appear on consoles. I just said that I wouldn't be surprised if it did not appear on consoles. Atlus seems to have gone straight to handhelds for this entire generation. They're even putting the next entry in their flagship series on the 3DS instead of the consoles, though this is a case where "flagship" means "very difficult dungeon crawler".

Regardless, the name "Persona" isn't big enough for Sony or Microsoft to care that much about. It's only a name that is particularly popular in JRPG circles and on this website, both of them pretty niche audiences.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Justin258

@zeik said:

@dizzyhippos said:

@believer258 said:

Well, I didn't say it wouldn't appear on consoles. I just said that I wouldn't be surprised if it did not appear on consoles. Atlus seems to have gone straight to handhelds for this entire generation. They're even putting the next entry in their flagship series on the 3DS instead of the consoles, though this is a case where "flagship" means "very difficult dungeon crawler".

Regardless, the name "Persona" isn't big enough for Sony or Microsoft to care that much about. It's only a name that is particularly popular in JRPG circles and on this website, both of them pretty niche audiences.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.