Mary, The New Character

Avatar image for starclopsofish
#1 Edited by Starclopsofish (96 posts) -

So do you guys think this is just the FeMC, or a regular party member? Personally, I'm a bit anxious about how they'll be able to keep most of the original script intact after dropping a new character in there. This  IS Atlus we're talking about here though, so I'm confident they'll pull it off. 
 
I am excite.

Avatar image for fluxwavez
#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -

Marie is a sexy mail girl. 
 
So she's not the female protagonist, if there even is one.

Avatar image for starclopsofish
#3 Posted by Starclopsofish (96 posts) -

Is it Mary or Marie... I'm rusty on my Kana : ( I got the impression she was a party member from the article I read... I guess we'll have to wait for a proper translation.

Avatar image for kyreo
#4 Posted by Kyreo (4682 posts) -

Regardless of her name and how it is spelled, I am interested in seeing what this character is like.

Avatar image for benjaebe
#5 Posted by benjaebe (2871 posts) -

I think she's probably just a new social link. Which is fine with me.

Avatar image for animasta
#6 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -
No Caption Provided

here's a picture of what she looks like sideways?

Avatar image for starvinggamer
#7 Posted by StarvingGamer (11342 posts) -

@benjaebe: But for there to be a new slink there would need to be a new tarot school and a new class of demons. Are there more tarot schools? I don't even know.

Avatar image for fluxwavez
#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -
@Laketown: I don't think posting scans, at least their direct images, are allowed on GB.
Avatar image for starclopsofish
#9 Edited by Starclopsofish (96 posts) -

Hmm... I see katakana 'ma' and 'ri' I believe in the scan. Sounds more like Marie to me, but whatever, Atlus USA will make it whatever they like.

Avatar image for starclopsofish
#10 Posted by Starclopsofish (96 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:

@benjaebe: But for there to be a new slink there would need to be a new tarot school and a new class of demons. Are there more tarot schools? I don't even know.

Aeon, perhaps?
Avatar image for kingzetta
#11 Posted by kingzetta (4497 posts) -
@Laketown said:
No Caption Provided

here's a picture of what she looks like sideways?

damn sign me up
Avatar image for starvinggamer
#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (11342 posts) -

@Starclopsofish: Oh yeah, hmmm. Would seem odd applied to a character without the same level of significance that Aigis has, at least to me. But that would totally work.

Avatar image for animasta
#13 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Laketown: I don't think posting scans, at least their direct images, are allowed on GB.

really? that's dumb

Avatar image for fluxwavez
#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -
@Laketown said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Laketown: I don't think posting scans, at least their direct images, are allowed on GB.

really? that's dumb

It's also a bannable offense at NeoGAF. It's because magazines make money by having exclusivity to this information and people scanning them and posting them online isn't good for their business... or something.
Avatar image for starclopsofish
#15 Posted by Starclopsofish (96 posts) -

Is there a way to edit the thread title? (need to change to "Marie")

Avatar image for animasta
#16 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Laketown said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Laketown: I don't think posting scans, at least their direct images, are allowed on GB.

really? that's dumb

It's also a bannable offense at NeoGAF. It's because magazines make money by having exclusivity to this information and people scanning them and posting them online isn't good for their business... or something.

that still doesn't make sense for posting famitsu scans...

Avatar image for fluxwavez
#17 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -
@Laketown said: 

that still doesn't make sense for posting famitsu scans...

The rule is for any scan, not just Famitsu. All I know is that scans were removed by mods when Catherine was announced and they stated that they weren't allowed on GB.
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
#18 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4312 posts) -

it looks like Marie.  Im pretty sure im right.  Anyways, Im assuming you can only develop just a social link with her rather than her having her own Persona and shit

Avatar image for mutha3
#19 Posted by mutha3 (5050 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
I think she's probably just a new social link. Which is fine with me.
 @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
it looks like Marie.  Im pretty sure im right.  Anyways, Im assuming you can only develop just a social link with her rather than her having her own Persona and shit
 
No, that wouldn't be a big deal, P3P had, like, 10+ new Slinks.
Avatar image for gr33nhippo
#20 Posted by Gr33nHippo (2 posts) -
@Starclopsofish said:
Is there a way to edit the thread title? (need to change to "Marie")
Marii.
Avatar image for animasta
#21 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Laketown said:

that still doesn't make sense for posting famitsu scans...

The rule is for any scan, not just Famitsu. All I know is that scans were removed by mods when Catherine was announced and they stated that they weren't allowed on GB.

well nothing I can do about it now since it was quoted, so I'll chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.

but from what people have gleaned from these scans, it sounds like she may be a playable character able to go into the TV... at least as much as I've heard, who really knows, I'm just waiting until they announce femc and I can date Kanji

Avatar image for eroticfishcake
#22 Edited by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -

Okay, if that's Mary/Marie then I'm back on board. What's with the Aigis artwork on the otther page anyway? 
 
@Laketown said:

"I'm just waiting until they announce femc and I can date Kanji"

My God it'll be a must-buy if that's true. It'l be like dating Akihiko from P3P all over again...
Avatar image for fluxwavez
#23 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
Okay, if that's Mary/Marie then I'm back on board. What's with the Aigis artwork on the otther page anyway?
P4: TUIMA art.
Avatar image for eroticfishcake
#24 Posted by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@eroticfishcake said:
Okay, if that's Mary/Marie then I'm back on board. What's with the Aigis artwork on the otther page anyway?
P4: TUIMA art.
TUIMA an acronym for something? Furthermore, is it another artbook from Soejima? That's was pretty cool.
Avatar image for fluxwavez
#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said: 
TUIMA an acronym for something? Furthermore, is it another artbook from Soejima? That's was pretty cool.
The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena aka the Persona 4 fighting game. It's just from Famitsu though, so I don't think there's any implication of an art book just yet.
Avatar image for angeln7
#26 Edited by AngelN7 (3001 posts) -

There are not many "love" options for a female protagonist like they could do in Persona 3 Portable , I mean Yosuke? he´s like your bro the sames as Jumpei (and there was his thing with Chidori) , Kanji? that would make his whole "make me a man !,I like ladies? please Naoto be a girl" be completly pointless, Tedd... Yeah so there´s none for a possible female lead and while I would like a new character as a Wild card , I think a new Party member would be pretty cool (make her use Ice so I don´t have to use teddie for a second playtough and I sign up) , or hell make her a wild card that would be pretty cool too and it can tied up with the whole online help wich isn´t clear to what is going to be as of now

Avatar image for authenticm
#27 Posted by AuthenticM (4298 posts) -

I really hope there is a female main character.

Avatar image for animasta
#28 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

@AngelN7: Yosuke would totally work, because the thing with Chidori is that Chidori is still alive (saki is not), Kanji, well, Kanji owns and if I could date him as a dude I would do that too, and fuck Teddie.

Avatar image for eroticfishcake
#29 Posted by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -

I would like to point out that Kanji isn't gay. More specifically, his sexuality was left deliberately arbitrary and was for the player to decide. Regardless, he's still awesome and he's totally worth a FeMC for.

Avatar image for angeln7
#30 Posted by AngelN7 (3001 posts) -
@Laketown: Yeah I guess but Yosuke would be the only one , I still think he´s your brosky regardless of gender he wouldn´t want to date his "Partner" and would he be up to go into fisticuffs with you as a girl? also you get to the house and get a :  welcome home Big Sis? that sounds laaaame, so there no female lead period.
Avatar image for animasta
#31 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

@AngelN7: the social link would obviously change quite significantly, in which you wouldn't end up in fisticuffs. YOUD END UP BONIN. and if I recall they created more characters for P3P social link stuff so there's no reason they can't create a new guy character for the femc to date or whatever.

I WILL DATE KANJI DAMNIT YOU WILL NOT DENY ME THIS

Avatar image for catarrhal
#32 Posted by Catarrhal (874 posts) -

New character looks awesome, but…! Does anyone else remember that, back in November 2008, Atlus swore that there would only be one version of Persona 4? Seriously, check this out:

“We are today able to announce that at no point in the future will we announce the release of a 'FES' version of Persona 4,” said Tim Pivnicny, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “The very finest, most definitive version of Persona 4 will be the one released on December 9, 2008.”

Those lying bastards.

Avatar image for crushed
#33 Edited by crushed (906 posts) -
@Catarrhal said:

New character looks awesome, but…! Does anyone else remember that, back in November 2008, Atlus swore that there would only be one version of Persona 4? Seriously, check this out:

“We are today able to announce that at no point in the future will we announce the release of a 'FES' version of Persona 4,” said Tim Pivnicny, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “The very finest, most definitive version of Persona 4 will be the one released on December 9, 2008.”

Those lying bastards.

Yeah, they said that 3 years ago when they really had no plans to make a P4 FES for PS2 or whatever.
Avatar image for animasta
#34 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

@Catarrhal: whatever I assumed they just meant the most definitive version on the PS2, also that's Atlus USA saying that not Atlus Japan

Avatar image for catarrhal
#35 Posted by Catarrhal (874 posts) -

@Crushed: @Laketown: Fair enough, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they released yet another version of Persona 3 at this point; situation's gettin' outta control.

Avatar image for white
#36 Posted by White (1681 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
Marie is a sexy mail girl.  So she's not the female protagonist, if there even is one.
*fap fap fap fap fap fap fap*
Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
#37 Edited by Scrumdidlyumptious (1679 posts) -

No female protagonist

@Siliconera said:

Development moved to PlayStation Vita where the team believed they could make a game with even more features than the original. Persona 4: The Golden will not have a female protagonist, though.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/persona-4-the-golden-was-originally-planned-for-psp/

I've wanted a platinum trophy for Persona 4 for so long and now I can finally get it! I'm hoping the "feature that fans wanted" is the ability to choose which skills you want when fusing, and hooray for more animated cutscenes and voice acting!

Avatar image for ghostiet
#38 Posted by Ghostiet (5832 posts) -

Okay, I want to utter this line first - ENDURANCE RUN PLUS?

Avatar image for ch3burashka
#39 Posted by ch3burashka (6087 posts) -

You guys are crazy: it's obviously a female MC, like they did for P3P. 
 
I'm looking forward to the fighting game more; it is a completely unknown quantity, which means it can impress me that much more.

Avatar image for bombkareshi
#40 Posted by BombKareshi (1042 posts) -

No need to edit the thread title, at least until an official spelling can be sourced.
 
マリー (marii) can go either way; it just depends on the creator/translator's preference.
 
"Mary", "Marie", "Maré", whatever, they're all the same.

Avatar image for donutfever
#41 Posted by DonutFever (4031 posts) -

Has it been announced whether or not Marie will have her own dungeon/shadow?

Avatar image for coolyetidance
#42 Posted by CoolYetiDance (78 posts) -

Why does she have a choker with a lock on it?

Silly japan, that's not what they're for!

Avatar image for coolyetidance
#43 Posted by CoolYetiDance (78 posts) -

Why does she have a choker with a lock on it?

Silly japan, that's not what they're for!

Avatar image for max_cherry
#44 Posted by Max_Cherry (1272 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Laketown said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Laketown: I don't think posting scans, at least their direct images, are allowed on GB.

really? that's dumb

It's also a bannable offense at NeoGAF. It's because magazines make money by having exclusivity to this information and people scanning them and posting them online isn't good for their business... or something.

Thank god this isn't NeoGaf or some similar fascist publication or website.

Avatar image for wjames811
#45 Posted by wjames811 (11 posts) -

Hi, Really her character is attracting me more..

Avatar image for rorschach84
#46 Posted by Rorschach84 (7 posts) -

You meet Marie in the Velvet Room, where she starts off as an "unfriendly-looking girl" that you know from somewhere. Based on what I've played so far, I'm guessing she'll be a bit like Aigis, where you take her around town and melt the giant ice block containing her soul.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.