Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

P4/G handles Kanji's and Naoto's issues terribly. (spoilers)

• 103 results
    htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By htr10

“...almost everyone comes at discussing the LGBT themes in P4 the wrong way.”

You bring back a 5-year-old thread and that is your opening line to restart the discussion. C’mon.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: I am trying to figure out why this is the post you chose to make. It seems way less useful than the post the person that necro-ed this made.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By htr10

@sethmode:

Trying to restart a dialogue on this contentious topic with the opening line that says “almost everyone” has been “wrong” in their approach up until now is self-absorbed. It is basically saying “here, I have the one true opinion on this topic”.

To me, the necro post is more effective without that opening line that dismissed the 100 posts already here in this thread discussing this topic in detail. Personally, I don’t think any of the discussion in this thread in the past was “wrong”.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
    deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never really read the Naoto story-line as anything other than her wanting to be taken seriously and feeling like she had to pretend to be male for that to happen. All seems fine to me.

At first I read the Kanji story as basically confronting his sexuality and was disappointed with the lack of real progress, I was 100% expecting him to be openly gay by the end of the game and it felt like a cop-out. After reading some of the comments here I think the idea of his non-masculine traits and the expectations of society fits the story better and is just as interesting imo.

This has actually helped clear up pretty much my only gripe with a pretty fucking phenomenal game so thanks a bunch guys.

EDIT: Just realised how old most of this discussion is...

tds418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The treatment of Kanji in P4 was awkward at times, but overall okay.

The way Persona 5 handles gay characters, however, is flat-out horrible. A real bummer in a game that I otherwise very much enjoyed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.