Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 4 Golden

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 14, 2012

Persona 4 Golden is an update of the critically acclaimed PlayStation 2 role-playing game. New additions and changes have been made exclusively for the PlayStation Vita.

Some differences I've noticed between the two so far!

• 68 results
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I might have missed him somehow, but where is Funky Student? I've been checking the area on the second floor of Yasogami High somewhat frequently and I've never seen him.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Bocam

@FluxWaveZ: He's on the 3rd floor.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Bocam: Ah, thanks. Forgot that dude was a third year student.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#54  Edited By alistercat

I have updated the wiki, as the new features list was pretty out of date. My list is pretty comprehensive, but I've only just finished Kanji's dungeon.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#55  Edited By alistercat

OK, does anyone know anything about the new weather type, lightning/thunder? Does it count as rain? What I mean is will I get rare monsters in the dungeon like on a normal rainy day? Are there any other differences?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By toowalrus

Apparently I'm a really bad googler. Somebody let me know if you find a list of costume locations (Or do they just all come from Croco Fur at some point?)

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kanji's voice actor forgot the voice. It's noticeable in all the new lines.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By BisonHero

@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

That bummed me out in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. They rerecorded the entire game with the original voice cast again (only one guy was different), but several people just dropped the accents they had in the original game. Whatever, maybe that's what the voice director told them to do, but I didn't care for the change.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LiquidPrince

Are you sure you're not imagining it? He sounded the same in Persona 4 Arena.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LiquidPrince said:

In the bike scene, ski trip and extra dungeon his voice has less gravel in it. He sounds very smooth.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#61  Edited By OllyOxenFree

@LiquidPrince said:

In the bike scene, ski trip and extra dungeon his voice has less gravel in it. He sounds very smooth.

Dammit, Troy Baker! You're losing it!
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By LiquidPrince

@OllyOxenFree said:

@LiquidPrince said:

Dammit, Troy Baker! You're losing it!

So I just got to the new voiced stuff. He sounds exactly the same to me. I feel like you're imagining it. Also he sounds the exact same in the Persona 4 anime that was just dubbed recently.

Also Johnny Yong Bosch voice really suits Yu. I mean he was Yu in the games, buy he didn't say anything except the Persona names.

Ataribomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#63  Edited By Ataribomb

For my money, I'm really enjoying most of the additions so far, though I'm only to the bathouse right now. The only thing I really wish is that I'd started on a higher difficulty. I hit normal thinking it would be PS2 normal, but things are way easier than I remember. Seems like I level faster too, but that might just be me.

Also a side note on Adachi's name being revealed from the get go. Not sure if this was already addressed or not but he's called "Young Detective" when you first see him in the scene where the first body is found. Dojima yells at him and calls him Adachi, which is why later on they just use his name proper. Can't remember if this was the case in the PS2 version, I just thought I'd weigh in.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By Samaritan

@Ataribomb said:

For my money, I'm really enjoying most of the additions so far, though I'm only to the bathouse right now. The only thing I really wish is that I'd started on a higher difficulty. I hit normal thinking it would be PS2 normal, but things are way easier than I remember. Seems like I level faster too, but that might just be me.

Also a side note on Adachi's name being revealed from the get go. Not sure if this was already addressed or not but he's called "Young Detective" when you first see him in the scene where the first body is found. Dojima yells at him and calls him Adachi, which is why later on they just use his name proper. Can't remember if this was the case in the PS2 version, I just thought I'd weigh in.

Looking back at episodes of the Endurance Run, Dojima does call him Adachi almost immediately after he is introduced, but the game continues to refer to him as "Young Detective" for quite some time.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Captain_Felafel said:

@Ataribomb said:

Looking back at episodes of the Endurance Run, Dojima does call him Adachi almost immediately after he is introduced, but the game continues to refer to him as "Young Detective" for quite some time.

This. Also after revealing his name is Adachi, it refers to him as Young Detective again in a later scene. I think it's just a translation error.

Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#66  Edited By Seroth

Damn it! You ruined it for me. Now I can't help but notice the difference. >< Get bent. :(

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#67  Edited By rjayb89

I can go to the hot springs via scooters with a team member and relearn a move I had them forget. Just found out in February when I ran out of things to do. Unfortunately, it was with Naoto whose move set is fine with me and is a part of my elite team of shadow killers. Might be great to keep a buff for awhile then replace them with something else down the line or vice versa.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#68  Edited By MikeGosot
    @AuthenticM said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@Landon said:

@LiquidPrince said:

• When fusing Persona's you can straight up choose which skills they'll inherit instead of the dice roll. This is cool as it expedites the fusing process, but also takes some of the fun out of it in a way. No more chance element.

Finally they add this. Constantly picking the same multiple persona only for the skill you want to not be there was repetitive as hell. I don't know how this is considered taking the fun out, this is streamlining I can get behind and something all future Persona games should do.

I feel like in Persona 4 there was a system governing the inheritance feature. Something like if you want to inherit Bufu for example, your Persona cannot also inherit Agi. But now it's choose as you will. Like I said it's preferable this way, but also changes the fusion dynamic.

That's not true. Most of the skills could be passed on to whatever Persona. The only restriction, I believe, was with unique skills coming with high-end Personae.

Persona of certain types couldn't learn certain skills. You wouldn't see someone witha  fire weakness using Agi, for example. I think even Igor says this, in the Fusion tutorial thing. However Personas CAN have skills of different elemental types. My Beelzebub in P4 had  a skill of every elment in the game, except Almighty and Holy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.