What Do You Think Will Be The NA Release Date?

#1 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

It hasn't even been confirmed that the Golden is being localized (even though it obviously is), so I'm going with the pessimist vote, 2013. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised.

#3 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Catherine was a quick turn around so I hope we get it this year but 2013 is more likely.

#4 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@msavo said:
Catherine was a quick turn around so I hope we get it this year but 2013 is more likely.
Persona 4 was about the same speed, and I imagine this will be quicker to localize because it's a re-release, and seemingly has less new content than P3P.
#5 Posted by AlisterCat (5565 posts) -

@msavo said:

Not for Europe. I only just got it. Came out not that long ago.

#6 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

@msavo said:

Sorry I only thought about North America, my bad. Yeah it sucks when it takes that long for something to get into Europe. How is Atlus in terms of getting their games out in Europe? I know Catherine took awhile but are most of their games like that?

#7 Posted by AlisterCat (5565 posts) -

@msavo said:

@AlisterCat said:

@msavo said:

Sorry I only thought about North America, my bad. Yeah it sucks when it takes that long for something to get into Europe. How is Atlus in terms of getting their games out in Europe? I know Catherine took awhile but are most of their games like that?

Not sure, but it just doesn't make sense. I don't think they do more translations. It should be a quick turnaround for everyone, but at least America gets it. When America gets it we know we'll be getting it eventually.

#8 Posted by yuukiwr (4 posts) -

well atlus usa aims to release it on the 9. 12 2012 to the 4 ani of Persona 4 aleast after a press notice

#9 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

cduniverse has this game listed for an October 23rd release.

I buy it! They've leaked release a ton of times.

#10 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (466 posts) -

Just saw an email from Atlus that lists Fall 2012 for NA release :D

#11 Posted by pekoe212 (449 posts) -

@demonknightinuyasha said:

Just got the email. Guess I'll have to get a Vita at some point now...

#12 Posted by Peanut (954 posts) -

Forgot to silence my phone. Got an e-mail that woke me at 3:30 in the morning to tell me this is hitting fall 2012. Immediately started watching some P4ER. Work in a couple hours...don't give a shit!!!!

#13 Posted by jello44 (44 posts) -

Not too shocked, but I am happy there is finally a release window.

#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

Somewhat earlier than I expected, but this is good news. Two Persona 4 products released in North America in 2012.

#15 Posted by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

I shall buy this game even if I don't have a PlayStation Vita.

#16 Posted by Jeust (10648 posts) -
@TooWalrus said:

It hasn't even been confirmed that the Golden is being localized (even though it obviously is), so I'm going with the pessimist vote, 2013. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised.

Will it be localized though? 

I'm not so sure.
#17 Posted by TheFakePsychic (194 posts) -

Why yes.

http://www.atlus.com/p4g/

Yes it will be.

#18 Posted by AndrewB (7613 posts) -

November. That's about the turnaround for a Pokemon game, and in time for the holiday season. Also the month for other awesome Japanese releases to make it over to North America!

#19 Posted by metalsnakezero (2295 posts) -

Best bet, next year just to get some original voices back on. If they are going to do replacement voices than late this year.

#20 Posted by hakunin (392 posts) -
@TheFakePsychic said:

Why yes.

http://www.atlus.com/p4g/

Yes it will be.

Check out the legaleze  at the bottom of that site...

A case of copy-paste gone wrong or what...?
#21 Edited by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

Where is NEVER

Damn, I didnt read the thread, and am a dolt.

#22 Posted by mrcraggle (1938 posts) -
#23 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Europe: 2014

lololol

At least it can be imported unlike the region locking BS on the 3DS.

#24 Posted by Grillbar (1832 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

@msavo said:

this sounded really weird to me but after looking around it seems like it was released feb 10 this year. the reason it sounded weird is that i live in europe but i could find it everywhere around the time it got released in the us and its not exactly a game that every store imports in bulks i mean shadows of the damned was imposible to find without importing it. i only found 2 copies in 1 store the day it got released and every other store diddent have it.

but apparently your right

#25 Posted by JeanLuc (3583 posts) -
#26 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -

Other online retailers are putting up the October 23rd date, including VG+.

Yep, that's the date.

#27 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

Yay! Now I know when I'll need to find a few extra dollars in the budget! I'm already building this gaming PC and it's getting pricy...

#28 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (466 posts) -

@pekoe212 said:

@demonknightinuyasha said:

Just got the email. Guess I'll have to get a Vita at some point now...

I was always planning on it, at this point with e3 so close though I'm going to wait at least that long to see about a price drop. Gravity Daze comes out really soon though too! :D (the other game I'm mainly looking forward to on the vita)

#29 Posted by TheFakePsychic (194 posts) -
#30 Posted by mrcraggle (1938 posts) -

@TheFakePsychic: My link actually linked, copy and pasting shit isn't what 2012 is all about :P

#31 Edited by DallasTheGamer (154 posts) -

They've said Autumn. I have a feeling the game will get released sometime in October. :P

I have to buy a Vita before that though. :O

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.