Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

Persona Director Teases Future Developments

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Sony’s Play Community website recently spoke with Persona director Katsura Hashino, who teased upcoming series developments. After looking back at Persona 4: Golden, Play Community asks Hashino what he thinks is the reason that led to the success of Persona 4: Golden.

“I believe that a big part had to do with the development team coming together as one,” says Hashino. “At first, I thought about having select members handle it for the most part, but in the end, even I was involved in a lot of the detailed parts. We even got a lot of the senior members who’ve worked a long while on the Personaseries to join in on the development, which I believe resulted in some great content.”

“Without ever thinking about adding DLC later, I believe that the idea of having everything in one package made it into a truly treasured product. I believe that we made it into something that you’ll always want to keep near your PlayStation Vita.”

Now that we know that Persona 4: Golden was a hit, and the popularity of the series itself continues rising, Play Community asks Hashino what’s next in store for the series.

“First, we have the theatrical release of Persona 3 the Movie #1: Spring of Birth, which will see a nation-wide release starting November 23. Then, we have another Persona 3-themed show in Persona 3: The Weird Masquerade, which will be taking place in January of next year at the G-Rosso Tokyo Theater,” Hashino says. “The sequel of Persona 4 Arena called Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold will also be coming out soon… and we also have various plans for new developments of the series.”

Some of you may remember a teaser page that Atlus opened for a Persona studio game last month, that reads “2013 11.24 SUN 20:00” on the site. With less than a month to go in the marked time, Play Community asks if he can share a little something regarding the teaser.

“Are you curious? You’re curious, right?” says Hashino with a laugh. “I believe that we’ll soon be able to tell you all the announcements we’ve been keeping, so please look forward to that day… if you’d allow me to simply leave it as that for now. However, I believe that we will be delivering news that will most likely please all the fans.”

Source

We have seen the teaser site but this interview should confirm that it will be a persona announcement.

Oh man OH MAN. Could we see P5 on the Vita as it was a "hit" ?

We also could be seeing multiple announcements on the 24th of November.

Mark that date on your calendars!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

P3FesHd please but it will probably be p5 which is also fine.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most likely P5, as most fan expected. What platform tho? We know P4G did gangbuster so the possibility of another vita game is there. SMTVI did ok on the 3ds but the attach rate is atrocious on the 3ds compare to the vita. Some perspective, Vita install base about 2mil - P4G sold about 500k. 3ds install base 18mil+ - SMTVI sold 300-400k. So thinking about this from a corporation looking to make money its pretty obvious which install base the fans are at but at the same time expanding that base should be very close to the top in the priority list.

I will call it Vita/3ds simultaneous release. My wish would be PS4 but that will not happen, maybe ps3 tho.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they've done enough teasing.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjin977: At this point i think it will be PS3/3DS/Vita and maybe 360 but yeah i hope it comes on PS4 but that is unlikely.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Darji

My guess is PS4/PS3/Vita. Would be a perfect fit and many smaller japanese developers are doing exactly this. Look at Dynasty warriors, Yakuza and so on.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

P4G was soooo good on the vita, honestly if P5 is not on the vita I would be pissed. Such a good portable game, I can't even imagine not being able to play that game in a portable format.

I would also be good with a vita version of P3 (aka P3FesHd )

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Catherine a test of their new ps3 / 360 engine, in the same way that Rockstar table tennis was a test for RAGE?

So my guess is ps3 / 360 with a possible Vita port in a year.

bmehlers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully it is P5 coming to at least the PS3, and I would love a version of P4G on PS3 as well.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You people that think they would launch P5 as an exclusive for a system with an install base of 2 mil (Vita) while they could put it on two systems (360/PS3) with an install base of 150+ mil are absolutely insane. I can see a Vita version, but no way is it Vita exclusive.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yea no way its vita exclusive, but sure i could see it on vita

would love to see it on ps4

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#13  Edited By donutfever

Can't wait for Persona 3: Red Edition.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

@monetarydread said:

Wasn't Catherine a test of their new ps3 / 360 engine, in the same way that Rockstar table tennis was a test for RAGE?

So my guess is ps3 / 360 with a possible Vita port in a year.

Nope, Catherine used Gamebryo. I think it might have been a test for what they could do with P5, but they later decided they'd rather create their own engine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.