Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Persona 5

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 15, 2016

The sixth main iteration in the long-running Persona series, Persona 5 follows a group of high school students (and a cat) who moonlight as the Phantom Thieves, out to reform society one rotten adult at a time.

PlayStation 4 persona 5 bundle?

zaldar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So any news about a persona 5 themed playstation 4? (And boy did they miss a beat not having persona 5 come out for playstation five heh) sigh I want this game so so bad!!! Not really anything else I want to play on the playstation five though...would love to be able to get the 20th anniversary edition as well - though that only seemed to come out in Japan...sigh...

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I doubt there will be a Persona 5 PS4 bundle, maybe in Japan or something.

@zaldar said:

Not really anything else I want to play on the playstation five though...

I assume you mean Playstation 4. You could just get the PS3 version if you just want to play Persona 5. You could probably find a used PS3 for around $100 or even less and the PS3 version of Persona 5 is only $50. Probably not a bad investment for the 100+ hours you could likely get out of Persona 5.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@zaldar said:

I assume you mean Playstation 4. You could just get the PS3 version if you just want to play Persona 5. You could probably find a used PS3 for around $100 or even less and the PS3 version of Persona 5 is only $50. Probably not a bad investment for the 100+ hours you could likely get out of Persona 5.

Yeah, but that means buying used. You could get mugged+raped, or get a broken/banned console, especially since the PS3 is really old by now.

omegacorith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaldar said:

There *was* one in Japan. Though it didn't appear until the game topped the charts for two months. It's not impossible that it could come here, but yeah I wouldn't count on it. The USA side of Playstation seems reluctant to lean into P5 in any way.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

There *was* one in Japan. Though it didn't appear until the game topped the charts for two months. It's not impossible that it could come here, but yeah I wouldn't count on it. The USA side of Playstation seems reluctant to lean into P5 in any way.

Yeah I'm surprised how little they've pushed Persona at E3 and PSX.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nnickers

@mcfart said:
    @citizencoffeecake said:

@zaldar said:

Yeah, but that means buying used. You could get mugged+raped, or get a broken/banned console, especially since the PS3 is really old by now.

Geez, I'm not saying going into Gamestop is a great experience but...

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegacorith said:

Yeah I'm surprised how little they've pushed Persona at E3 and PSX.

Maybe they think those that want Persona 5 are already decided. It's a known quantity. Plus, with the start of this year going as it is, they had to pick their marketing battles.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By TheWildCard

@shindig: Maybe, although considering the following the series has gathered over the past decade it seems like P5 is poised to breakout into the mainstream a la Dark Souls. Sony seems to be focused more on bigger projects these days, or maybe Atlus Japan just like to keeps things close to the vest. Oh well, probably just as well considering how much the game was delayed since the original target. :)

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shindig: Maybe, although considering the following the series has gathered over the past decade it seems like P5 is poised to breakout into the mainstream a la Dark Souls. Sony seems to be focused more on bigger projects these days, or maybe Atlus Japan just like to keeps things close to the vest. Oh well, probably just as well considering how much the game was delayed since the original target. :)

I've been wondering whether there's even any deal between Sony and Atlus for Persona 5 at all. It seems likely to me that it's more a de facto exclusive than one Sony went out and paid for. It's not like Sony is publishing the game in any capacity. If it's just a case where it's a Playstation exclusive only because Atlus couldn't be bothered to spend money on an Xbox version that wouldn't sell much anyway, it would make sense that Sony's not very involved in the marketing.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True. Sony's where the Japanese console market is. 14m across the PS3 and PS4. All the Persona 4 products (Dancing All Night, Golden, etc) sold best in Japan apart from Arena. They can't really push that to the PC or Xbox because they'll be relying on the European and US market to buy those. A market which isn't pulling in the Japanese numbers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.