Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Phantom Brave: We Meet Again

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 04, 2009

A strategy RPG port of the PS2 original, developed by NIS Inc. that expands with new missions, controls, visuals and a redesigned user interface.

NIS's First Console Game with no Japanese Voice Track Option?

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke

As far as I know, every single North American NIS game that I have ever played on PS2 and PS3, including the original Phantom Brave on PS2, has had a Japanese Voice Track Option... which I personally use religiously. 

Anyone notice anything missing from this recently released English Screenshot of the Wii version!?

The Wii should have just as much disc capacity as the PS2.  Is it just that they think this kind of option is too "hardcore" for the Wii or something?

Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Disgaeamad

Well, even if it isn't an option, it doesn't seem like much of a problem as NIS dubs tend to be done to a high standard (unless it's Michelle Ruff. Ugh.)

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Im glad for it personally I never have used the original japanese track in any thing even when i was forced too, cause id just turn the sound off and read the text theres nothing worse then half the women in a game sounding 11.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Im glad for it personally I never have used the original japanese track in any thing even when i was forced too, cause id just turn the sound off and read the text theres nothing worse then half the women in a game sounding 11."
    So why are you glad? It's not like you're forced to use the Japanese dub. You're glad because now people have to suffer the shitty English dub with you?
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool

I prefer Japanese with English subtitles.  Disappointing, but not a deal breaker.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @Disgaeamad: I love Michelle Ruff!! The game was delayed to add in the japanese track, I'm sure. So all you anti-americans can have your fill of voices from the land of the rising sun.
    vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By vasta_narada

I don't get the deal with being pissed about japanese track. I watch anime in Japanese with English subtitles, because most anime dubs are shit. That, I can agree with. However, NIS A tends to do a good job with their dubbing, and I really enjoy the English tracks. Can someone explain to me why the Japanese voices are so important to some people?

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@Vasta_Narada said:
    " I don't get the deal with being pissed about japanese track. I watch anime in Japanese with English subtitles, because most anime dubs are shit. That, I can agree with. However, NIS A tends to do a good job with their dubbing, and I really enjoy the English tracks. Can someone explain to me why the Japanese voices are so important to some people? "
    Some people just really hate the English voices, often times they're just really annoying.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @PureRok said:
    " WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Im glad for it personally I never have used the original japanese track in any thing even when i was forced too, cause id just turn the sound off and read the text theres nothing worse then half the women in a game sounding 11."
    So why are you glad? It's not like you're forced to use the Japanese dub. You're glad because now people have to suffer the shitty English dub with you? "
    shitty is in the eye of the beholder, i've seen some dubs that were far better then the original japanese version for the sole reason every one didn't sound like 11 year old girls which it seems any male below the age of 40 sounds like in japanese anime, and any women below the age of 80 sounds like in japanese anime. they love their  high pitched voices for some reason.

Listening to the japanese original doesn't make you any more japanese or any closer to being japanese.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PureRok
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @PureRok said:
    " WilliamRLBaker said:
    So why are you glad? It's not like you're forced to use the Japanese dub. You're glad because now people have to suffer the shitty English dub with you? "
    shitty is in the eye of the beholder, i've seen some dubs that were far better then the original japanese version for the sole reason every one didn't sound like 11 year old girls which it seems any male below the age of 40 sounds like in japanese anime, and any women below the age of 80 sounds like in japanese anime. they love their  high pitched voices for some reason.Listening to the japanese original doesn't make you any more japanese or any closer to being japanese. "
    I never said anything about making you Japanese. Shitty VO is shitty, it doesn't matter who you are. When it comes to JRPGs, the English voice actors do nothing but try to emulate the Japanese (or they are outright horrible), which makes it sound unnatural. I like having the choice so I don't have to hear people pretending to be Japanese, and it doesn't harm you. You never answered as to why you were "glad".
    Disgaeamad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Disgaeamad
    @MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    " @Vasta_Narada said:
    " I don't get the deal with being pissed about japanese track. I watch anime in Japanese with English subtitles, because most anime dubs are shit. That, I can agree with. However, NIS A tends to do a good job with their dubbing, and I really enjoy the English tracks. Can someone explain to me why the Japanese voices are so important to some people? "
    Some people just really hate the English voices, often times they're just really annoying. "
    I can agree with that statement when it comes to a lot of other companies, but NIS almost always produce quality results when it comes to dubbing. I guess it all comes down to opinion, huh?
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@Disgaeamad said:
    " @MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    " @Vasta_Narada said:
    Some people just really hate the English voices, often times they're just really annoying. "
    I can agree with that statement when it comes to a lot of other companies, but NIS almost always produce quality results when it comes to dubbing. I guess it all comes down to opinion, huh? "
    Yeah it must. I think the voice acting is good, it's just sort of annoying high pitched English voices....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.