It's the only table that is absolutely kicking my ass because the ramp laneways lead directly down the middle when the ball comes back down (almost everytime). How on earth does someone successfully get through this table at all?
What the hell is with the Rome table...
" @buft: @quinistheman: Like you put both flippers up and just hold them up in defense? (as opposed to taking a swing at the ball when it's coming down at you with both flippers) "yeh exactly like that, but as soon as it hits let them go the slight nudge from the flipper is just enough to put it on the edge of the opposite flipper in the down position, theres definitely some timing and luck involved but after a few times it becomes second nature
Yeah this got me for a bit at first but now I almost never lose a ball after a comeback down from those two ramps. I still can't do that well on this table though - I think my high score is somewhere around 12,000,000. I think I got a multi-ball once, but I'm not 100% sure how it happened. Some things I think I've learned (but PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong):
- Get CONQUEST (I think by repeatedly hitting the big ramps?)
- Once that mode has started select Southern (or is it Coastal? Fuck. It's the one in the very middle of the selections).
- Keep hitting the ball in the larger square slot towards the top-left of the table (1,000,000 points per, and you can get it 5 times). There are two other lit places to hit, but they give you less points (250k and 500k I believe). Then you can end it by nailing the shot from the upper-left flipper (where the arrows are pointing).
- Mock Warfare: Keep hitting the ball to the right of the right ramp to ready another game mode, Mock Warfare. You'll hear the woman's voice say something about the siege engine (or something related) being ready. Then you need to get the ball into the catapult (I think by hitting it up the right ramp?) where you'll be able to select Mock Warfare. Then you have to pull the plunger to shoot the ball into the ship on the right. I think you do this twice the first time, and there may be some timing involved. This locks the balls for multiball, and when you have enough locked it will start. Again, I think I did this once and I'm sort of guessing at how it works because it's never clear.
- Get "Blessed" by sending the ball around twice in quick succession with the top-left flipper, then hit the right ramp. It's not clear, but I think you get a 2X multiplier for a bit.
These instructions suck and are super-vague, but might help you get started. There's some stuff floating around on message boards if you google, but I haven't seen any proper strategy guides yet.
I feel super-dumb posting this, but I just started focusing on trying to hit stuff that's lit. I would always be gunning for certain ramps or other targets, but never put it together that when something's lit you should be aiming for it! Yes I'm an idiot. But its a good strategy when you're not quite sure what you should be doing. Aim for the light, and it'll be aiight.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.