Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 2

Platform »

Sony's PlayStation 2 is the second home video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment Incorporated, and to date is the best-selling home console of all time, with an install base of 150 million units since its launch.

PS2 problems...

xionpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By xionpunk

Ok so this sucks.  I wanted to play FFX earlier today but the disc wouldn't play.  No problem... I can usually pop the PS2 open, fiddle with the laser position, and get stuff to work. The only problem is when I removed the cover, the power supply ribbon pulled completely out. Yikes. I tried looking online for good instructions, but haven't found anything incredibly useful.  The ribbon isn't torn, it looks like it could be plugged back in maybe, but I don't know how to go about taking ths stuff apart.  Has this happened to any of you? Any help, or direction to some help would be useful.

xionpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By xionpunk

Ok so this sucks.  I wanted to play FFX earlier today but the disc wouldn't play.  No problem... I can usually pop the PS2 open, fiddle with the laser position, and get stuff to work. The only problem is when I removed the cover, the power supply ribbon pulled completely out. Yikes. I tried looking online for good instructions, but haven't found anything incredibly useful.  The ribbon isn't torn, it looks like it could be plugged back in maybe, but I don't know how to go about taking ths stuff apart.  Has this happened to any of you? Any help, or direction to some help would be useful.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hot_Karl

Actually, that same exact thing happened to me a couple years back. I looked online for instructions on how to fix it, to no avail. I ended up demolishing it and throwing it out. At the time, they announced that the PS3's were no longer backwards compatibible by hardware, so I bought myself a new PS3.

If you can find some info as how to fix it, that'd be awesome, but from experience let me tell you that nothing went as planned.

xionpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By xionpunk
    @VinceNotVance:   Ah,   I found where it goes but can't get the damn thing to slide back in.  Hopefully I won't have to trash this thing. 

Ha  actually just figured it out.  NIIIIICE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.