Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Activision Screws Over PS3 Users Who Bought Elite.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By algertman

Activision lied to PS3 users. We are not getting Elite content early. As of right now the new maps release for 360 in a few hours and they have not even given a release date for PS3. They have stolen money from people and as of this time Giantbomb, and every other gaming site, have refused to cover it.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By nohthink

that's messed up.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

OK. Where's an article that tells that Activision said this? I heard nothing of it.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By 71Ranchero

Activision shot my father.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BrockNRolla

Sources!

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By hockeymask27

@algertman said:

Activision lied to PS3 users. We are not getting Elite content early. As of right now the new maps release for 360 in a few hours and they have not even given a release date for PS3. They have stolen money from people and as of this time Giantbomb, and every other gaming site, have refused to cover it.

As shady as that sounds. I want to say that Activision has said the maps would be available on xbox 360 first. So I'm guessing elite PS3 members will get them before non elite PS3 users usually a month early. That being said I'm not a elite member or own MW3 so it's speculation.

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By algertman

Source? Elite is a service where paid members get content early. Turns out this does not apply to PS3 users.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Wacomole

I'm going to go ahead and assume you're talking about Call of Duty here...

Don't they usually release DLC on the 360 about a month before the other platforms as a result of the deal that Microsoft struck?

pandasteeler43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pandasteeler43

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/toolbar/faq "Similar to Map Packs, X360 Premium members will receive their DLC before PS3 Premium members. All Call of Duty ELITE Premium members will receive a steady stream of content released monthly for 9 months through the DLC season, and they will also receive their DLC before non-premium members on their console." Just says you will get it before the non-premium members, not at the same time as xbox premium.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BrockNRolla

Isn't this called "pre-crime?" If the maps are to to be released in a few hours, but haven't yet on either platform, how have they stolen money? And did they ever say things would be released at the same time on PS3 and 360? IF the did in fact say some of those things, you know, something you might be able to point to in a "source," then maybe you have a point. But it just sounds like you're shouting to me.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By MildMolasses

@Tangerines said:

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/toolbar/faq "Similar to Map Packs, X360 Premium members will receive their DLC before PS3 Premium members. All Call of Duty ELITE Premium members will receive a steady stream of content released monthly for 9 months through the DLC season, and they will also receive their DLC before non-premium members on their console." Just says you will get it before the non-premium members, not at the same time as xbox premium.

You take your facts, researching and citings and get the fuck out of this guys alarmist forum topic!

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By stackboy

Activision never lied. They always said 360 elite users would get it first.

You lied.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By MetalBaofu

@algertman said:

Source? Elite is a service where paid members get content early. Turns out this does not apply to PS3 users.

Is the elite users on PS3 not getting it before non-elite users on PS3? Because that would be what they mean.

It has been announced that PS3 elite users would get stuff slightly later than 360 elite users, but before non-elite users on either.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Masha2932

As far as I know the order of DLC releases is

XBOX 360 Elite members

XBOX 360

PS3 Elite members

PS3 members

I don't get what the issue is? Microsoft paid foe exclusivity so people who buy the game on that platform get the content first. As an Elite PS3 user you still get the game before other PS3 users, who are the only ones you'll be playing with anyway, so it doesn't matter if gamers on the 360 get it first.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By musubi

If they give Ps3 users access to the maps before they go public on PSN then they lived up to their side of the bargin. Its been pretty obvious with the last 3 releases that if you want to play call of duty you need to play on 360 because that is the console that will get the most support. Is this REALLY such a shock?

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By zombie2011

Cod maps are always released on 360 first.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BrockNRolla

Thanks to all those who posted sources! I love watching ignorance sputter and die.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@Tangerines said:

STOP BEING SO LOGICAL AND PANIC, GODDAMMIT.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By Justin258

@algertman said:

Yes, Source. CoD maps have always released on 360 first. Where did Activision say that they would release the new maps to PS3 owners who have Elite on the same day that the 360 owners get them?

If they didn't say otherwise then this is no news.

So. Source.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MetalBaofu

@Masha2932 said:

As far as I know the order of DLC releases is

XBOX 360 Elite members

XBOX 360

PS3 Elite members

PS3 members

Slightly off on that. According to that link I found, it should be:

360 elite

PS3 elite

Xbox normal

PS3 normal

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#21  Edited By DarthOrange

well you see when EA decided to go back on there word with the offering of the battlefield dlc game for PS3, Activition decided to also screw over the PS3 user, as a way of saying "anything you can do, I can do better!"

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By algertman
    phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By phrali

lulz ps3

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MetalBaofu

@algertman said:

http://mp1st.com/2011/12/22/activision-retracts-statement-regarding-dlc-ps3-elite-mw3-users-back-in-limbo/

There a link from December when Activisions own people didn't know the details. Linking to CoD FAQ is a joke. They update that on the fly whenever they want to.

That is a dude that sent an untrue friggin' tweet of all things. The dude made an incorrect assumption and apologized about it pretty fast, saying he had no idea how it was going to work. When the order was officially announced they said Xbox was first.

Bottom line: Don't get announcements like that from a tweet.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Branthog

Frankly, they haven't really done jack shit with Elite, anyway. Their "Roll Call" videos are just five minute promotional puff pieces. Their "Friday Night Fights" are just basically advertising for the people they have on to compete (who are usually douche bags and people I've never heard of that act on broadcast as bad as some of the worst people you've encountered in game on a mic), the "monthly content" took until the third calendar month (November, December, January) to start, and the content they were pimping all over the internet that Jason Bateman and Will Arnette were supposed to be producing (which, frankly, was a big part of what piqued my interested in this) seems to have vanished and nobody even talks about it anymore.

Additionally, they should really release the content across all platforms simultaneously. I want everyone to receive the content monthly (instead of quarterly). What good is it if the potential field of people I can play with is segmented by two or three parts for three months at a time?!

algertman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ssj4raditz
    Avatar image for thechronodarkness
    thechronodarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Activision lied to me saying that their quality of games were going to go up last year...

And that goldeneye for the wii was to be on xbla and psn instead of a full retail game, that it most certainly is not worth owning. The sound design is HORRIBLE, and its not much better than the wii game.

You people sound surprised.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Activision doesn't care about PS3 owners.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By napalm

Stool cory, bro.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.