Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Firmware 3.70

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By zidd
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By benjaebe

Automatic trophy sync!
    THEY'RE FINALLY LISTENING TO ME!
    EDIT: It's only for PS+ members! Sony hates me! They aren't listening at all!

LiquidSaiyan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By LiquidSaiyan3

I was excited at the prospect of auto save upload and trophy sync, but it is tied to that automatic download feature they already have. I don't leave my PS3 connected all the time for it to go online by itself and download/backup/sync by itself :(

Also, I don't like it signing in as me when I'm not around...

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Afroman269

I guess that adds some more value to the PS Plus thing...which I still don't care for.

rapid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By rapid

Sucks how Sony are making these features PSN Plus Exclusive, like the features to me seem like they should be core features for any PS3 owners, like I wouldn't mind if they limited Basic members to like X GB of cloud storage vs 2X GB PSN+ or like automatic trophy sync per 24 hr for free, vs realtime automatic sync for PSN+  

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Branthog

And still absolutely no fucking value to the PS+ subscription. Automatic updates and cloud saving. Big fucking deal. Maybe if I played my PS3 90% of the time, but when it only accounts for about 15% of my gaming, it's hard to justify. I'll save my $60/yr and take my risk on local storage. Especially since it only seems to work for certain games.

And the idea that you should have to pay for the ability to access your saved games on more than one machine is just dumb. I'm tired of the hoops you have to jump through to play console games on multiple systems when you rightly own the systems and the content. I should be able to go upstairs and use those consoles and then come back downstairs and use those consoles with absolutely zero resistance. It just should happen. It should just be instant and natural. And free.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By azteris

I don't understand. People are upset premium features are being added to PS+ to make it seem more valuable to the consumer. Why?

Da_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Da_Madness

I guess people want more for their money. IMO if you don't think the service is value for money then don't buy it.

I'm personally enjoying the free games and stuff i've been getting and I welcome this new addition.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iam3green
    @Azteris said:

I don't understand. People are upset premium features are being added to PS+ to make it seem more valuable to the consumer. Why?

people think that the stuff they are adding to it seem more it should be free type. trophy syncing should be there right when they added trophies to the system. 

good that they are adding more features to the system, except it's for premium members mostly.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

I guess someone has to say it! Still no party chat functionality...

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By kmg90
    @iam3green said:

@Azteris said:

people think that the stuff they are adding to it seem more it should be free type. trophy syncing should be there right when they added trophies to the system.   good that they are adding more features to the system, except it's for premium members mostly.
    As much as I like Trophies, I have to say its the worst implemented "glorification"  system I've ever experienced. Xbox, Steam, iOS and many other platforms don't have issues that Trophies have on the PS3, the fact that one has to manually sync trophy information is the biggest face palm of all. Every other system syncs with the service the moment you get the achievement or the next time you connect to the online service, FOR FREE!  Not only does the Playstation+ they still not have a set it and forget it system, the syncing only when it's "Auto Update" kicks in which is shoddily reliable since you have to be not using the System but have active internet connection.

I just found out about this firmware  "update" after turning on my PS3 for the first time 4 days (something that happens very seldom) and seeing how all of the new features pretty much going to PS+ subscribers. 

I just bought an Xbox 360 yesterday (before I found out about the new PS3 firmware) and I really am shaking my head and smiling at the same time. Pretty much ANY new features on the PS3/PSN are going to be Playstation+ only.
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Twisted_Scot

So PS+ members get new features and regular PSN member get.....to watch as the PS3 downloads another crappy update for the next 30 mins? Groundbreaking stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.