Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

My PS3 is broken. Some help please.

Matt_Rogan1407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

While playing F1 2014 the console froze and had to be reset through a hard power off as touch power button was not working. On restart the message "Cannot Start The appropriate system cannot be found". On following the advice on how to boot to safe mode the same message was received and I can not find any more information on what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

korlic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By korlic

@matt_rogan1407:

Hi,

This issue appears to occur when the contacts on the Hard Disk have either fallen out of an ideal seating position or dust and debris have made their way in and are preventing the system from recognizing the disk.

Here's a video to illustrate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkKDgaM7E58

Ensure that when re-seating the Hard Disk that the screw hole is lined up properly.

Matt_Rogan1407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Matt_Rogan1407

@korlic: Thanks. I'll give it a try.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.