Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Need a method to calibrate a TV's picture for gaming (PS3)

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By fentonalpha

I've been fiddling with color settings, contrast, brightness and sharpness for a while here now and just can't seem to find a sweet spot in anything. I remember HALO 3 coming with a feature that helped you calibrate a TV to "ideal" settings in all of the things i mentioned above but that isn't something i have access too.

So my question: Can anyone link me to a good website, youtube video or maybe and ideally, a downloadable video i can play and pause to assist in getting a good settings calibration?

Yes i did try to Google things such as "free tv calibrator" & "tv calibration guide" unsuccessfully and will happily accept a correction in what i should have searched for.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@fentonalpha: Go to the AVS forums and look up your TV model (it's on the back). AVS probably has an 80 page thread about your tv model with a whole bunch of calibrations including TV, Movies and videogames.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.