Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

ps3 exclusives

CronoXtream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CronoXtream

i might be getting my first ps3 soon( x-mas)...and was wanting to know if you guys/girls might recommend some games for it....i have a pc and a 360 so any ps3 exclusives game would be nice... 
    rpg,fps,...etc can span other genres aswell...thanks 

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By RobotHamster
    face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By face15

I'm sure you'll get this a lot, but, you have to get Uncharted 2. You have to.

CronoXtream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CronoXtream

lol thanks

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chrissedoff

don't get demon's souls or yakuza 3 theyre dogshit. try heavenly sword. you can probably find it at gamestop for like $10

CronoXtream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CronoXtream

the games i think ill get for sure are... heavy rain..dino crisis..  god of war collection and 3...uncharted 1 and 2..maybe infamous ...lbp2..mgs4....iam sure there are others that are good that ive yet to hear of..

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Jadeskye
    @CronoXtream said:
    " the games i think ill get for sure are... heavy rain..dino crisis..  god of war collection and 3...uncharted 1 and 2..maybe infamous ...lbp2..mgs4....iam sure there are others that are good that ive yet to hear of.. "
    to be honest you've nailed most of the list right there. There isn't a whole lot else.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By AgentJ
    Here's the pre-existing PS3 list 

Here's my list. 

Personal PS3 Collection

1. Valkyria Chronicles

Completed This is the game I wanted most for the PS3. The unique style, combined with the unique gameplay mechanics, made the package incredibly appealing. In retrospect, I probably should have bought this one new in order to support the studio that made it (the game didn't sell well) but either way I'm happy I've got it.  

This was the first game I finished on my PS3, and I'm sure glad it was. I had a lot of fun with this one.
    2. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

This is the first game that I really wanted for the PS3, and for a long time it was the only one. I've always been interested in the plight of Solid Snake, and will get to this as soon as I play 2 and 3.

3. Heavy Rain

I am in the process of playing Indigo Prophecy at this moment. As soon as I saw this game at PAX 09 last year, I knew I wanted this game. I was initially skeptical when the game was first announced, because all the focus was on the graphical prowess, making the term "uncanny valley" a term frequently connected with the current gen. Over time, the game lost the creepy realism, but more of the game play was revealed, and thats when I became more interested.

4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

I'm pretty much buying this because it comes before Uncharted 2, and I don't play narrative-based series out of order.

5. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Theres really not much that needs to be said here, since U2 is easily the highest rated game on the console. I didn't enjoy what I played of the demo at PAX (too much Assassins Creed climbing for my taste) but with all the critical praise the game has received, I'm willing to give it a second chance.

6. inFamous

This was almost a throw-in. When the game was initially announced I was pretty interested in the idea of an electric super anti-hero. Almost like the Static Shock game that doesn't exist yet, but should. But when I saw videos of the game, I realized that it was essentially another third person shooter. In fact, nearly all of these games are third person shooters. And this fact was one that turned me off of the PS3 library for a long while (in conjunction with a number of other things).

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By ESREVER

I will never get tired of saying it, but Valkyria Chronicles is a must-have exclusive for the PS3.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By mordukai
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee
    Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
    charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Get MGS4 only if you can get it very cheaply. You will play trough it only once while mostly thinking  "I could be doing dishes right now, instead of listening this poorly written garbage." 

ptys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By ptys

Uh-oh, the multi platform lifestyle! 

Be careful, because I have a PS3, Xbox 360 and Steam (well Mac but still get the indie stuff) and hardly ever play anything! Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 were great but I only ever use my Playstation for Blu-Ray these days, it's a shame. I'd advise you to save your money if you aren't a full-on game addict... but if you have to get Uncharted 2, wait for Killzone 3.

Altersparck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Altersparck
    @ESREVER: PREACH IT! Such a shame that the sequels are on the PSP now. Yeah, yeah, multiplayer is a much different scene in Japan, etc, but still. Sega, we are disappoint.
    eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By eristocrat

Rachet and Clank: A Crack in time is fun if you are into those kinds of games and the first Resistance is pretty darn cool.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Rekt_Hed
    @face15 said:

" I'm sure you'll get this a lot, but, you have to get Uncharted 2. You have to. "

Yeh seriously this game was the reason I got a ps3 as well :) FUCKIN AWESOME game.  a perfect blend of action and puzzle elements with a truely gorgeous presentation that makes you feel like your living a movie.

Other must have exclusives are God Of War III, wipEout HD, Little Big Planet GOTY, Modnation racers, Killzone 2  and Zen pinball :)

Hope this helps mate :)

My Favourite PS3 Exclusives

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    2. God of War III
    3. Wipeout HD
    4. LittleBigPlanet
    5. ModNation Racers
    6. Killzone 2
    7. ZEN Pinball

Paranormal, Earth Defence and Street Fighter Tables ROCK! :D

Fontan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fontan
    @chrissedoff said:
    "don't get demon's souls "

Are you out of your mind?!
    Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Tsoglani

Demon's Souls is pretty awesome, although the difficulty gets to some people... yakuza 3 is also a decent game.
    Other than those, Uncharted 1 and 2 are must buys, MGS4 if you are into MG, Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time is awesome, God of War 3, GT5 if you are into racing sims, Valkyria Chronicles is somewhat an acquired taste, Infamous is great, and Infamous 2 will be out soon. I promise you won't waste your time with any of these games. they are all worthy... And don't listen to those that try to tell you that the PS3 isn't worth it... it is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.