Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Ps3 or 360

• 59 results
    Shadowkeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Shadowkeir

I'd buy the ps3 simply because of the blu-ray functionality

the online imo is equal
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Pibo47

Ummm....ah god...this is really really hard. If i could only have one console right now...man. I guess it would be the 360.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By AuthenticM

Just look at the games for both systems. I personally prefer the PS3 because Sony's exclusives are more appealing to me than Microsoft's.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Snail
    AuthenticM said:
    "Just look at the games for both systems. I personally prefer the PS3 because Sony's exclusives are more appealing to me than Microsoft's."
    I prefer the PS3, but that is definitively not my reason, nor anyone else's possibly.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pibo47
    AuthenticM said:
    "Just look at the games for both systems. I personally prefer the PS3 because Sony's exclusives are more appealing to me than Microsoft's."
    Who is that DJ. The pic you use? I cannot figure out who that chick is. But i know shes a DJ.
    Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

thanatos990 said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "This belongs in general."
    no I want sony fans to give me some reasons"
    well i'm not necessarily a "Sony fan," but i do enjoy playing my PS3 more than any of the other consoles (i have all 3 and both portables, but most barely get any use because of my PS3.) Microsoft ticked me off enough to make me purchase a PS3 because frankly, their system is not reliable. my 360 broke on me 5 times in a little less than 2 years. i know that part of this is just bad luck, but out of the 8 people i know who own 360s, only 2 of them are on their first. microsoft tries to counter this by putting out a lot of games. gears 2 looks fantastic, and fable 2 looks good, but in my opinion Sony's console has a lot more going for it in this holiday season and in Q1 2009.
    360 has:
    Banjo Kazooie, Fable 2, Gears 2, Tales of Vesperia, and the timed exclusive Last Remnant. i'm pretty sure those are the only exclusives worth mentioning for end of Q3/Q4 this year.
    PS3 has:
    Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2, Littlebigplanet, Valkyria Chronicles, and SOCOM. these games are uniformly looking to be better than the 360's games in MY OPINION (with the exception of SOCOM, which kinda sucks.) plus, the online play is free and not that much worse than 360's, the console is very reliable, the controllers all wireless, and more.
    to answer your question, yes, motorstorm is fun. the sequel has a demo out on the PSN, and it is even better. it's pure entertainment and one of the best racing games i've played. you may also want to check out wipeout hd, another great racing game exclusive to the PS3 at a budget price.
    ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ieatlions
    I vote that there all awsome and  1 has MGS (u need the back story ) 4   sack boy and the other has MASTER CHEF and pinatas + guys with thick necks stabbing each other constantly. Ps3 is pretty bulky so i wouldnt get it if ur moving alot and xbox 360 has tendancies 2 explode 

oh and can someone help me im typing in bold but the bold key isnt highlighted

thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By thanatos990
    Kush said:
    "Since you're poor...buy a PS2."
    lol everybody has a PS2
    calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By calf_exercises
    chililili said:
    "In before fanboyism causes thread to be locked. Let me be honest with you I have a ps3 and a wii. OK I think that if you have a hi-def tv and enjoy bluray movies (or could see yourself buying them) get a ps3. Also look into which console has exclusives that you absolutely must have and take that into consideration but I believe that both consoles are somewhat balanced and you will have a blast with either of them! And last and perhaps most importantly if you have lots of friends with consoles see which console the majority of the ones you would liek to play with own (its important to think of only the ones that actually play and you like), however take into account that the 360 will take 50 dollars off you per year.

If you need some advantages in list form here they are (choose which matter to you)

PS3
    • Better graphics
    • Bluray drive
    • Big Hard drive
    • Incredibly quirky/original PSN games
    • FF, MGS4, JRPGs

X360
    • Better online
    • A unified voice chat and comfortable message system that allows for more socializing
    • Western shooters
    • Halo
    "

well i think the in game xmb kind of evens out the message system, its not as good but its still good for what you pay(free)
    though, most games dont use the ps3 capabilities in graphics but those few like MGS or Killzone look amazing, and the ps3 has plenty of shooters, like resistance, killzone, socom and all the multiplat stuff.

ow and Little big plannet.

i think thats covers it though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.