Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 problems

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Edited By crithon

Right now sitting through a reformat process.

Why? Well that's what the Sony Customer representative recommended. 7 hour wait.

No Caption Provided

Apparently this is a common problem with the PS3 in which the HDD has problems. This has been popping up for the past month. During cinematics, it will freeze.

No Caption Provided

I'm used to seeing this screen a lot.

I'm not sure really if I should just send it in or just give up and buy another PS3. I say this because I'm not surprised of devices breaking down and just replacing them with a newer model. My sister has about 5 different ipods, and 10 different macboooks. I'm not going to pretend "this has violated the trust of the consumer." That's ridiculous, I'd be sending it to a assembly line repair shop that's just going to go through standard diagnostics, polish it up to work at a somewhat compatible state and then when I get it back it will last 3 months.

It's weird world we live in, went in to send in my lawn mower for a missing bolt to hold in the blade together. There's a guy waiting in line, and he's arguing with the clerk who's sitting at the front desk. The old man is arguing over a part he's holding, but the clerk is asking "you need a serial number on the part." This is really what costumer is about, not saying Sony was as bad as this. But the guy at the desk has to stay at the desk and not loose his post unless he's sure of what he has to do. It's protocol for the hardware store he works for. He may come off as a dick, but that's the system we live in.

I'm just a consumer, and I shouldn't hold any real sentimental value over my video game system. But right now just kicking around questions if I should sent it in to repair or just buy a new system and save the drama of repairs nonsense.

Still got 7 hours to wait till this reformat happens, but I do think it's the blu ray laser that's unable to read the discs.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By crithon

Right now sitting through a reformat process.

Why? Well that's what the Sony Customer representative recommended. 7 hour wait.

No Caption Provided

Apparently this is a common problem with the PS3 in which the HDD has problems. This has been popping up for the past month. During cinematics, it will freeze.

No Caption Provided

I'm used to seeing this screen a lot.

I'm not sure really if I should just send it in or just give up and buy another PS3. I say this because I'm not surprised of devices breaking down and just replacing them with a newer model. My sister has about 5 different ipods, and 10 different macboooks. I'm not going to pretend "this has violated the trust of the consumer." That's ridiculous, I'd be sending it to a assembly line repair shop that's just going to go through standard diagnostics, polish it up to work at a somewhat compatible state and then when I get it back it will last 3 months.

It's weird world we live in, went in to send in my lawn mower for a missing bolt to hold in the blade together. There's a guy waiting in line, and he's arguing with the clerk who's sitting at the front desk. The old man is arguing over a part he's holding, but the clerk is asking "you need a serial number on the part." This is really what costumer is about, not saying Sony was as bad as this. But the guy at the desk has to stay at the desk and not loose his post unless he's sure of what he has to do. It's protocol for the hardware store he works for. He may come off as a dick, but that's the system we live in.

I'm just a consumer, and I shouldn't hold any real sentimental value over my video game system. But right now just kicking around questions if I should sent it in to repair or just buy a new system and save the drama of repairs nonsense.

Still got 7 hours to wait till this reformat happens, but I do think it's the blu ray laser that's unable to read the discs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.