Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation 3

Platform »

The PlayStation 3 (often abbreviated PS3) is the third home video game console created and released by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

PS3 Slim: Bizarre video problem...

tranquilchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By tranquilchaos

Here's the situation. I have a fairly new PS3 slim that has worked on my Samsung t260hd monitor since the day I bought it. My roommate has the same monitor. He hooked my PS3 up to his monitor for a couple of days to play the heavy rain demo and flower, and when I hooked it back into my monitor it no longer put out any sound or picture. I have tried every combination of HDMI cables and ports to no avail. I reset the video settings and even reset the machine to factory default. It still works on the other monitor and my 360 works on both HDMI ports on my monitor. The only combination of things that doesn't work is my PS3 on my monitor.  

I called Sony. They ran me through a bunch of things I had already tried and then told me that by process of elimination it must be the monitor. 

I called Samsung. They did and said basically the same, claiming it must be the console.  

Neither manufacturer could help and they both blamed the other party for the problem. I am at my wit's end with this ridiculous bullshit. I'm going out of state for a week, so I won;t have a chance to really try to get it to work. I thought that the community here could either throw in their two cents on this or at least read a strange and possibly amusing story.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By roofy

well you seem to have done everything i would have.

i wish i had some trick to help you out. the ps3 reset should have fixed everything

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.